8530w - Touchpad an external Mouse not working properly (1089 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Manuel Nick
Message 1 of 12 (1,089 Views)

8530w - Touchpad an external Mouse not working properly

Hello together

I got a nasty problem with my 8530w, the touchpad an also external mouses (tried logitech LX3 and one from HP) aren't working properly (despite I un- and installed the drivers for several times new!)
Sometimes the mouseclick is kind of deactivated, I can click to close a window, but instead of closing it, the window just gets deactiviated (but its still open, i have to switch to it with Alt + Tab). Also sometimes the middle-mousebutton is locked, so i cant click something in firefox/word/or wathever, i can just scroll...
this thing is really annoying, can anyone help me?

thanks to all
(excuse my english...)

p.s.: i'll try to make a screenshot, but at the moment all is ok...
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
ieee488
Message 2 of 12 (1,087 Views)

Re: 8530w - Touchpad an external Mouse not working properly

Maybe they are interacting with each other.

Why are you using both?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Manuel Nick
Message 3 of 12 (1,087 Views)

i'm not using both at the same time. but wenn the touchpad strikes i tried it with the external mouse (and the other way round too) and the problem was the same. i have to wait some time and then all is ok again.

note: i'm running vista business (sp1, 32-bit)
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DDBrunnenmeyer
Message 4 of 12 (1,087 Views)

This is just a guess, but if you bought a 3-button mouse with a scroll wheel, and then installed the driver that came with it, you might have accidentally caused this problem.

If you can borrow or locate a two-button mouse and install the standard driver from the HP website, you *might* have better luck. This is just a guess, though, but it's worth looking into *if* you installed a driver for a 3-button mouse.

Also, make sure you have the proper Synaptics Touchpad driver installed. These drivers are available on the HP.com web site. Seach on 8530w from the home page and follow the leads to the 8530w software, drivers and documentation.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Manuel Nick
Message 5 of 12 (1,087 Views)

i tried this, but nothing really changed.

i tried to use the notebook with a docking station, external mouse/keyboard and monitor, then all was ok.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Manuel Nick
Message 6 of 12 (1,087 Views)

Hi together

I now got screenshots, maybe they help solving my problem... In the jpg you can see three different cases:
1) normal: close-button is highlightet when you point with the mouse on it
2) close-button isn't highlightet when the problem with the mouse occurs
3) after clicking the close-button when the problem occurs. the window still is open but isn't active anymore...

can anyone think of an solution?

thanks!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DDBrunnenmeyer
Message 7 of 12 (1,087 Views)

I'm beginning to wonder if this really isn't a problem with the mouse or the touchpad. It seems as though the mouse or touch pad clicks are being "seen" by Windows. It may be a problem with Windows responding properly to legitimate mouse clicks when the laptop is *not* in the docking station. That is, it's not closing windows when it's being told to do so by the mouse.

Are you also using the external keyboard without the docking station? If not, when you put the laptop in the docking station *and* also add an external keyboard, you are changing two things at once.

I assume these are USB keyboards and mice. Do you have any yellow marks in Device Manager when they are attached to the laptop outside of the docking station?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Joachim Isaksson
Message 8 of 12 (1,087 Views)

Exactly the same problem here, did you get this sorted yourself or do I need to use the warranty?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Manuel Nick
Message 9 of 12 (1,087 Views)

I had to use the warranty. (After a technician from HP came to my house twice...)

With Linux (Ubuntu 8.10) you can report all your mouse events. This showed me that if I pressed a mouse button the event "Button pressed" came simultaneously but the event "Button released" had a delay of more than 10 seconds sometimes... So it had nothing to do with the running OS and neither with the touchpad (the technician replaced it).
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tom_Lee
Message 10 of 12 (1,087 Views)

Ok I don't get it, what exactly did they replace? I have the same problem. The stik pointer, the touch pad and the external mouse all exhibit the exact same behaviour, I could understand it if it only did it on the internal devices but the external mouse doing the same thing would seem to rule that out... Any other resolution to this?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Manuel Nick
Message 11 of 12 (747 Views)

first they replaced the touchpad (not the buttons, just the touchpad). Helped nothing.
then they replaced the whole keyboard (incl. the little pointing stick). didn't helped either.
at last they replaced the whole notebook, which finally helped :)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
leela rakesh reddy
Message 12 of 12 (747 Views)

Iam also facing the same problem, some time it wont work some time it will. tried both with mouse and without. and sad part is my warranty expired already...:(
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation