Re: 6910p external video problem (24 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Davee_1
Message 1 of 4 (24 Views)

6910p external video problem

[ Edited ]

I have several users who intermittently cannot use an external monitor with their 6910p usually after removing from the docking station....Once a reboot is performed the external monitor is usually good.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations BoNotebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Binwah
Message 2 of 4 (24 Views)

Re: 6910p external video problem

I am assuming some things here so apologies in advance if they seem to be obvious.

Are they using the laptop screen and the monitor screen as a dual monitor setup? If so then get them to use the undock function in the Start menu before then remove the laptop from the docking station. This fixes most of the types of issues that your users are experiencing.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Davee_1
Message 3 of 4 (24 Views)

No, the users do not use a split video setup and the eject or undock did not resolve the issue.....I have updated all the drives and bios with no avail
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dave Lawton
Message 4 of 4 (24 Views)

To: Binwah
Hi,
I've a number of users suffering with this problem on Extended Desktops (and other issues relating to docking/undocking), and would appreciate any help you could give.

Could you provide some more detail on the Undocking utility in Start>Programs.
I've just checked on the UK HP supplied install, but can find no trace of it.

TIA
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation