6735s Kein Booten von Cd im Bios (441 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Thorium
Message 1 of 6 (441 Views)

6735s Kein Booten von Cd im Bios

Hallo
Wir besitzen ein Hp Compaq 6735s mit Vista home Premium. Wir hätten gerne Windows XP als OS. Auf dem Datenblatt steht, dass das Notebook das auch unterstützt. Wir haben ein XP Professional mit SP2.
SO, nun zum grossen Problem. Das Notebook bootet nicht von der CD. Man kann im Bios 78.946 Sachen einstellen, aber nirgendwo gibt es die Möglichkeit von Cd zu booten. Wie also kann ich bitte ein neues OS aufspielen? wir aheb sogar schon einen externen CD-Brenner an USB angeschlossen, aber davon wird auch nicht gebootet
Please use plain text.
Vajith V
Message 2 of 6 (441 Views)

Re: 6735s Kein Booten von Cd im Bios

Hi,

Welcome to HP forums

Could you please re-post your question in English? This will help everybody in the Forum understand the query and allow them to participate as well.

Regards,
Vajith

PS: Please continue to post here by clicking on the *Reply* button.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DDBrunnenmeyer
Message 3 of 6 (441 Views)

Hallo...

Zuruecksetzen Sie BIOS zu die Standard Gestaltung, dann aufbewahren und ausgang.

Bitte geben Sie Ihre Antwort.

Dennis, hier in Amerika.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Thorium
Message 4 of 6 (441 Views)

Ok, then i retry in english. i got 6735s compag notebook, installed vista home basic. we want xp professional sp2 as os
For installing xp, i need to boot from intern cd-rom drive. But there is no "Cd-rom" in the boot settings in bios. Only usb.cd-rom. I installed a usb-cdrom, but the laptop did not want to but from this extern cd-romdrive.
my question is now. is there any other bios options, which i can use? or is there only the HP bios which i entered with ESC +F10

hope the problem is clear
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DDBrunnenmeyer
Message 5 of 6 (441 Views)

Thorium...

My German is not very good, but I did understand you.

This should solve your problem if nothing else is wrong. Reset the BIOS to the factory default settings (Standard). Thr BIOS options that are related to USB ports will be enabled. That should permit the USB ports to work and allow you to boot with USB CD-ROM.

I've attached an English-language document which I have taken out of the Maintenance and Service Guide for the 6730s and the 6735s notebooks. It describes the entire Computer Setup and BIOS options for your computer.

Some German language documents are available here:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/de/de/welcome.html

Say thanks with HP points, please, if this helps you. :-)

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DDBrunnenmeyer
Message 6 of 6 (441 Views)

I forgot to mention that you *may* also need to set the boot order in BIOS, so that the computer boots from the CD drive rather than the hard drive. This is done in the System Configuration menu.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation