6715b changing cpu (343 Views)
Occasional Collector
Kela
Message 1 of 3 (343 Views)

6715b changing cpu

Hi all!

Couple of years ago my HP Compaq 6715b with dual-core 1.8 GHz AMD Turion X2 64 stopped working. After powerup boot did not start - only blank screen. LEDs and fan worked, but that's it.

CPU was changed to Turion single-core, 1.8GHz since then everything is perfect. Now I've purchased new Turion X2 64 2.0 GHz and... same problem. Switching CPU to Sempron - works, Turion - no.

Any ideas, what can cause such behavior of laptop?

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts and ideas.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (309 Views)

Re: 6715b changing cpu

Hi

The most important thing is to check for voltage compatibility in the mobo for Turions. I don't know if your Semprons are exactly the same voltage of Turions. A BIOS update should take care of that, but you better double check....just in case.

Regards,

BH

BH
====
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
Kela
Message 3 of 3 (304 Views)

Re: 6715b changing cpu

Thank you for your reply!

Mobo specs tells that both CPUs are fully supported. BIOS - latest available. Tried to regrade version - seems that it is prohibited :(

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation