2740P Touch input doesn't work with the pen (890 Views)
Advisor
Marvin de Rooij
Message 1 of 4 (890 Views)
Accepted Solution

2740P Touch input doesn't work with the pen

Hi all,

I am installing a new HP 2740P notebook for one of the employees in our office. I have first tested the system with the out of the box Windows 7 installation and the touch screen worked fine. I was able to use the pen, my fingers and the multi-touch was working properly also. Now I did a clean install of Windows XP Professional (I know, i don't like this bit also:smileywink :smileywink: ) and installed all the drivers provided by HP and everything is working except the pen and multi-touch input. When I use the touch screen with my finger it works fine also.

Does somebody know if I am still missing a driver or a bit of software that needs to be installed to use the pen and multi-tocu features? When i Go to the control panel in Windows XP and open the Touch Settings it does say that Pen input is enabled. The driver I installed for the touc screen is this one: click

Thanks in advance!
Marvin

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

Re: 2740P Touch input doesn't work with the pen

I think that XP will not work.

As far as I see, you would need the "Tablet PC Edition" because the original XP did not have the "pen" recognition built in.

Rainald

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Marvin de Rooij
Message 3 of 4 (877 Views)

Thanks for you reply Rainald, I think you are right. I have decided to stop trying with Windows XP and move on to Windows 7 on this one. Will be an exeption within the company but it's a desinvestment to go buying a tablet Windows XP version when the planning to migrate to Windows 7 is on the road anyway.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 4 of 4 (874 Views)

Wise decision, Marvin!

Win7 has to offer far more than "XP Tabelet Ediition" anyway.

Have fun

Rainald

P.S. As XP Tablet Edition was never directly but bundled with TabletPC it would not be easy to get hold of a copy nowadays

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation