Pathworks software (121 Views)
Occasional Contributor
VaxMan
Message 1 of 5 (121 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pathworks software

We are using a Vax 4000-300 and users still connect with a LAT protocol. IP is not installed and will not be installed anytime soon. The windows 2k clients connect using a terminal emulator and of course LAT. Moving forward, and late as it may be, we are upgrading to XP, which isnt supported with LAT in newer emulators. I have contacted HP and the suggested software is Pathworks 32 Mul Sys #QM-5LKAA-AB -- My questions are: Does this come with a LAT driver and will it work with XP?
Is this the same as PW32 7.4 that I have read that would work or better?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Doug Phillips
Message 2 of 5 (121 Views)

Re: Pathworks software

That part# is for a single user license for PW32 7.4, and if you don't have the CD the Kit is part# QA-5LKAA-H8. See the SPD:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/info/SP5633/SP5633PF.PDF

For the license part#, -AC is ten users, -AD is 25, etc.

It comes with LAT and DECNET and the PowerTerm 525 emulator which does work with LAT and/or CTERM.

If you need NetBEUI for file sharing on the VAX, you'll have to copy & install a couple of files to the PC from the XP's OS CD. See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301041

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
VaxMan
Message 3 of 5 (121 Views)

Thanks Doug
That is quite unfortunate that after finally reaching someone to order this was put together as a kit with the CD by HP!and for 240$ and NO cd I would not be to happy.

I will phone them and question the order using the spd

Very much appreciated
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
VMSwho
Message 4 of 5 (121 Views)

I have a Q with this too... Does the QA-5LKAA-H8 have a default number of licensing included with it? or do I have to purchase it seperatly?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Doug Phillips
Message 5 of 5 (121 Views)

VMSwho: Does the QA-5LKAA-H8 have a default number of licensing included with it?

No.

VMSwho: or do I have to purchase it seperatly?

Yes.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation