Re: Need Several Unbound Promiscuous Streams per Interface on HP-UX 11.23 (260 Views)
Advisor
PaulHoffrichter
Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)

Need Several Unbound Promiscuous Streams per Interface on HP-UX 11.23

A customer having 11.23 with no plans on upgrading to 11.31 needs to be able to have several unbound promiscuous streams per interface on their platform. Can this be done with a 11.23 patch? If not, can you indicate how this can be accomplished with a work-around or show links describing an approach?

HP-UX 11.31 LAN cumulative patch PHNE_36857 solved the problem where only one unbound promiscuous stream per interface is supported by adding a tunable dlpi_max_ub_promisc parameter that allows user to set maximum number of unbound promiscuous streams. On my 11.31 system I can set the max from 1 to 16.

Thanks,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Advisor
PaulHoffrichter
Message 2 of 2 (260 Views)

Re: Need Several Unbound Promiscuous Streams per Interface on HP-UX 11.23

To clarify, the HP-UX 11.23 customer needs to be able to run multiple instances of tcpdump / libpcap with different filters on the same NIC interface. (I can do this in 11.31 by setting the kctune dlpi_max_ub_promisc parameter to 16.)
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation