Re: while adding node it shows "Node added(Non SNMP device)" (713 Views)
Advisor
vikasbondarde
Message 1 of 5 (764 Views)

while adding node it shows "Node added(Non SNMP device)"

Hi All,

When I try to add node in NNMi under seeds it shows "Node added(Non SNMP device)".

When I find the node :-

It not showing management address

Status is "No Status"

Node mgmt mode is "Managed"

Device Profile is "No SNMP".

SNMP walk is working from NNMi console as well from command line too.

Kindly provide the answer why it shows "Node added(Non SNMP device)" and what is solution for this.

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 2 of 5 (741 Views)

Re: while adding node it shows "Node added(Non SNMP device)"

I would check your Communication Configuration, looking at the defaults, along with any region or node-specific configuration you have.

If you're adding a seed, NNMi will try all of the configured SNMP strings until it gets a match. If it's showing up as a Non-SNMP node, it means that NNMi didn't get a response.

When testing it with snmpwalk, you manually enter a community string. Is that string in the list of strings that NNMi will try?

If you think it is, then I would run a tcpdump, and watch the responses from the device. I have occasionally seen devices stop responding to an SNMP walk, which can cause problems for discovery.

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Frequent Advisor
Abhishek_
Message 3 of 5 (731 Views)

Hi,

Can you check the ordering number has been given in the read community string, if not give any number so that NNMi checks the communication configuration settings in this order: communication protocols for Specific Nodes, communication protocols for Network Regions, and if no match is found, NNMi tries these default community strings(these default community string should have ordering number). If NNMi discovers a device for which no SNMP settings are provided, that device is treated as a Non-SNMP device.

Secondly you can provide the community string for the specific node in the specific node configuration and check the device discovery.

Occasional Contributor
tnocteam
Message 4 of 5 (722 Views)

Hi LindSay and Abhishek,

Today I checked and found from NNMi cosole i am able to do SNMP walk via MIB browser but from NNM Unix server SNMP walk is not working by cmd line.

[nnmadmin@nnm1srv ~]$ nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -c vfngnmpls MUMB2-CLS05
No response from MUMB2-CLS05, verify credentials.
[nnmadmin@nnm1srv ~]$

HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 5 of 5 (713 Views)

Hello tcnoteam

1-Please select the node.

2-Actions

3-Configuration details

4-Communication settigs

Please verify the active community string .

Please visit our new customer forum if you have a valid SAID  support contract at the following link.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Node-Manager-Support/bd-p/network-node-mgr-support-cust-forum#....

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.