Re: question on interface down and node down alerts (537 Views)
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 1 of 4 (561 Views)
Accepted Solution

question on interface down and node down alerts

Hello experts,

Does NNMi automatically correlates interface down alert from a same node to node down alert ?

for eg : for an node A , 1 interface went down, i got one interface down alert.followed by interface down, i got node down alert for Node A.

In that case will NNMi correlates interface down and node down alert ?

in node down conclusion help page i can see information about neighnour interfaces of one hop, but no details about the interfaces on the node which is down.

NNMi 9.2x running on windows

HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 2 of 4 (537 Views)

Re: question on interface down and node down alerts

Tanish,

Normally NNMi would suppress the interface down and only produce the Node Down incident for Node A.   The aim is to only produce 1 incident that indicates the primary failure, any secondary failures caused by the primary would be suppressed.

Sometimes, due to timing issues, the primary conclusion is not made before some initial conclusions have timed out and so are released and displayed in the incident view.  It sounds like this may have happened in your situation.   A node down incident can take a while to be checked out as postive confirmation from neighbouring devices is sort to confirm the node has truly gone down.  if this takes too long then the Interface Down incident, which started the investigation for a possible Node Down situation, may be displayed before the Node Down incident is created. 

All the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 3 of 4 (528 Views)

Hi,

What is the time out interval for this ?

HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 4 of 4 (517 Views)

Tanin,

There are various timers that kick in during the analysis, the longest one being for the Node Down conclusion to be reached and this is set at 5 minutes.

All the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.