Re: node addition through seed file in nnm9i (1218 Views)
Occasional Advisor
vamsirevu
Message 1 of 3 (1,219 Views)

node addition through seed file in nnm9i

hi,

Our setup in nnmi 9.10,and we are adding the nodes by using the seed file, my main question is when we are adding the nodes ex:20 means it showing the message 40 nodes are added and 20 are duplicated, that means it's trying to add by hostname as well as ip,

when we check in configuration->discovery->seeds it showing node not created(duplicated seed),k lets think it is not a problem, but for some node its showing both ip and hostname as(duplicated seed) and totally that node itself not adding.

thank & regards

vamsi

regards
vamsi
Valued Contributor
ARUNPRAKASH
Message 2 of 3 (1,218 Views)

Re: node addition through seed file in nnm9i

Hi,

The seed file should contains like the following.

<ip_address>      #Name

In this, Name is not needed to be exact node name. NNM will just take the IP Only. It will resolve the IP->Name by DNS or HOSTS file.

You are getting the error because of the nodes which you are trying to add is already added in NNM. You just delete it from Discovery seeds and try uploading by seeds.

Cheers..!

Arun..

Occasional Advisor
vamsirevu
Message 3 of 3 (1,208 Views)

Re: node addition through seed file in nnm9i

hi arun,

Thank's for ur reply.

i tried the same thing from many times but it was not the case,actully that duplicate problem is not only for this environment this has occuring in other client place also.

regards

vamsi

regards
vamsi
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.