Re: nnmsnmpwalk for snmpv3 devices (252 Views)
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 1 of 4 (303 Views)

nnmsnmpwalk for snmpv3 devices

Hi,

I am getting below error while running  nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl for snmpv3 deviices,Any suggestion on this.

E:\APPS\NNMI\bin>nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -u system -p nnmi910 -port 161 -v 3 -c abc0g001 -a MD5 -v3u SNMPv3 sensor xxx1-abc-01 sysName
Unable to resolve OID SNX1-IDS-01

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 2 of 4 (270 Views)

Re: nnmsnmpwalk for snmpv3 devices

Hi,

The command you are using is not quite corret for an snmpv3 device.

nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -u system -p nnmi910 -port 161 -v 3 -c abc0g001 -a MD5 -v3u SNMPv3 sensor xxx1-abc-01 sysName

The -c option is not required for a v3 device

if the user is called "SNMPv3 sensor" then you need to quote it.

You need to specify the auth password or not provide the -a if you are going to rely on NNMi to use its internal v3 configuration for the device.  

So try

nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -u system -p nnmi910 -port 161 -v 3 -v3u "SNMPv3 sensor" xxx1-abc-01 sysName

or

nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -u system -p nnmi910 -port 161 -v 3 -v3u "SNMPv3 sensor" -a MD5 -A <authpass> xxx1-abc-01 sysName

All the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 3 of 4 (263 Views)

Hi Dave,

Can you tell me what is "AuthPass" and where i can find it.

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 4 of 4 (252 Views)

Hi,

the -A and -X options are for the password phrases for the authentication adn privacy protocols respectively.  So you would need to replace the "<authpass>" with the MD5 password phrase that you configured in the device.  Also if the device is configured for privacy you need to add the options   -x <privProtocol> -X <privpass>   as well  - substituting the correct values for the options.

All the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation