Re: iSPi Metrics Backup (157 Views)
Regular Advisor
AbdullahKamal
Message 1 of 6 (360 Views)

iSPi Metrics Backup

Hello,

I'm attemting to run "backup.ovpl -b d:\Backup\Metrics -c -d -f -x" but towards the end of the backup, I get the below error.

Truncating the transaction log . SQL Anywhere Backup Utility Version 12.0.1.6567 Transaction log truncation completed [3784] D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin\backup.ov pl(117) INFO: Creating directory: D:\Backup\Metrics\O7Z8PX~1/spifiles. [3784] D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin\backup.ov pl(120) INFO: Backing up install files... [3784] D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin\backup.ov pl(143) INFO: Copying log files... [3784] D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin\backup.ov pl(149) INFO: Backing up data files... /bin/tar: Removing leading `D:' from member names /bin/tar: logs/perfspi.iqmsg: file changed as we read it [3784] D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\NNMPerformanceSPI\bin\backup.ov pl(167) FATAL: Failed command system(sh -c "cd \"D:/ProgramData/HP/HP BTO Softwa re/NNMPerformanceSPI\"; /bin/tar --exclude=contentstore --exclude=database --exc lude=logs/procids --exclude=logs/*.log --exclude=bin --exclude=config --exclude= Docs --exclude=extensionPacks --exclude=Installation --exclude=java --exclude=li b --exclude=SHS --exclude=collectDiag --exclude=rconfig/D:\PROGRA~2\HP\HPBTOS~1\ NNMPER~1\rconfig\install.snapshot --exclude=rconfig/D:\PROGRA~2\HP\HPBTOS~1\NNMP ER~1\rconfig\data.snapshot --listed-incremental=D:\PROGRA~2\HP\HPBTOS~1\NNMPER~1 \rconfig\data.snapshot  -cf \"/cygdrive/d/Backup/Metrics/O7Z8PX~1/spifiles/data. tar\" *;"): 256 Died at D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\nonOV\Perl\a\lib/5.8.8/npslog. pm line 194.

Thanx

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
iquesada
Message 2 of 6 (331 Views)

Re: iSPi Metrics Backup

Hello,

Did you try using the below command, same results ?

EG
C:\Users\Administrator>backup.ovpl -b C:\newfolder -c -d -f

BR,

Bob

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 3 of 6 (327 Views)

Abdull

Did you have permissions to write on that specific folder?

Please visit our new customer forum if you have a valid SAID  support contract at the following link.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Node-Manager-Support/bd-p/network-node-mgr-support-cust-forum#....

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
AbdullahKamal
Message 4 of 6 (316 Views)

It seems the issue lies with "-f". I tried backup using only "-c" then "-d" and it was fine.

The same error occured whe using "-f". The account I'm using on windows has administrative privlages and it is the same account I used to install iSPI Metrics. Also I explcitily started command prompt as "Run as administrator".

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Ajay Jain
Message 5 of 6 (196 Views)

This is the bug with the backup.ovpl command which does not work with -f option. 

There is a defect created for this. Still waiting for the fix. Please refer below link 

https://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1B122040

Please use plain text.
ssskr
Message 6 of 6 (157 Views)

stop all the nps services and try taking the back up then. Seems it is working fine.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation