iSPI upgrade (166 Views)
Occasional Contributor
SA_Prachi
Message 1 of 5 (166 Views)

iSPI upgrade

Hi All,

We are running NNM 9.005 in app failover with dedicated isPI performance for metrics. Now, we are planning to upgarde NNMi from 9.0 to 9.20. This would also involve upgrade of iSPI to version 9.20.

iSPI server is running on Windows OS 2003. We need to format this iSPI server and install Windows 2008 as per the application requirement.

Please suggest on below;

Can we do a fresh install of iSPI 9.20 and then restore backup from the 9.0 version. OR we should first install isPI 9.0 on the windows 2008 server. then restore the backup . After the backup is successfully restored, we should upgrade application to version 9.20.

Also, please suggest

1. If all configuration, data and customised extension packs  would automatically be migrated from the old server backup to the New server after backup restore.
  2. What additional steps would be required for this upgrade.
  3. Any known issues and challenges with this type of upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
AlexanderH
Message 2 of 5 (161 Views)

Re: iSPI upgrade

Hi,

first take a look at this thread: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Management-OpenView-NNM/NNM-upgrade-from-9-0-patch-5-to-9-2x/m-...

You'll have to export your config from the old system, then install the same version (9.01 P5) on Windows Server 2008, then import the saved config.

Then you may do an inplace upgrade to 9.2x.

A direct config export from 9.01 for importing it to 9.20 is not supported, afaik.

HTH

Alexander

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SA_Prachi
Message 3 of 5 (159 Views)

Thank you ..

But what about data. Would i be able to migrate the existing data from iSPI 9.0 to 9.20

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
AlexanderH
Message 4 of 5 (151 Views)

Sorry, I quickly responsed just for config.

I did a backup.ovpl for iSPI Perf Metrics database as well as a nnmbackupembdb.ovpl for NNMi data for the install of NNMi 9.01 P5 on Win 2008. This worked well so far.

Then the inplace upgrade of NNMi and iSPI should convert this data to the new versions / structure.

Perhaps you should give this procedure a try on a test server first.

Alexander

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
SA_Prachi
Message 5 of 5 (147 Views)

Thank you !!!

I suppose you are right .. This needs to be tested on a test server because this upgrade involves large amount of critical data

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation