Re: iSPI Performance for Metrics error "No Security Token was set" (1756 Views)
Valued Contributor
WW165056
Message 1 of 11 (1,768 Views)

iSPI Performance for Metrics error "No Security Token was set"

Hi NNM experts,

We have NNM9.2 on windows HA cluster and ispi for performance on standalone servers.

When i login into NNM and then try to click on "iSPI for Performance --> Reporting Menu". it open up the new IE and then throw a webpage error message saying "No Secuirty Token was set",

if any one has faced this issue please help out the same ..

I have also case with HP active , but the resolution might take time.

Thanks and Regards,

DVN

HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 2 of 11 (1,756 Views)

Re: iSPI Performance for Metrics error "No Security Token was set"

Hello WW16056

Could you please try to acces NNMi using the FQDN  and then the reporting application.Please let me know if you notice the same results.

Thank you in advance of your answer.

Warm Regards

Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 3 of 11 (1,740 Views)

Please make sure you are logged into NNMi's UI using the NNMi Server's FQDN, and then click on the report menu.

Take note of what URL it ends up at, and post a screenshot if possible.

The URL should point to the FQDN of the perfSPI server.

If not, run "nnmenableperfspi.ovpl", enter the right info, (including the right user info especially when domain users are being setup for access, it should be "fulldomain.com/username"). I am guessing the user name field in the NPS UI shows a blank against it.

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Visitor
Guiller
Message 4 of 11 (1,705 Views)

Hello experts!

I am facing the same problem WW165056 was having some time ago. In this case, I am just testing an environment having NNMi 9.20 and NPS with iSPI Performance for Metrics installed on the same box. I have the domain configured for the machine. However, when I try to get to 'Reporting Menu' option, a new explorer window shows up saying 'No security token was set'.  The following screenshot shows how I am using FQDN to access to NNMi console:

NNMi.PNG

And the following screenshot shows the message I am receiving when trying to select the 'Report Menu' option from the 'Performance for Metrics' plugin:

NPS.PNG

I think I shouldn't be running the 'nnmenableperfspi.ovpl' because I guess this is used when having NNMi and NPS installed on different servers, which is not my case.

I have lately been googleing and I cannot get any information regarding to this message apart from this post.

Any clue would be really appreciated. Looking forward to hearing any news :-)

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Guiller.

Frequent Advisor
Esh
Message 5 of 11 (1,279 Views)

Hello Guiller,

Even I am facing the exactly same issue. Please update if you have any solutions on that.

Thanks,
Easwar
Frequent Advisor
Esh
Message 6 of 11 (1,276 Views)

Hi ,

When I try accessing using FQDN name , NNM console itself is not working..

Host file entry is available.
Visitor
KRISTER SUNDMAN_1
Message 7 of 11 (1,243 Views)

HI Esh,

When you acces the NNMi server in browser, you must use and have the fqdn-name entry updated in your dns, and that must be the same as configured when you enabled iSPI (nnmenableperfspi.ovpl). You can not use an other dns-name to access your server. You can have several entrys in your DNS pointed towards your server, but must use the same fqdn-name to the server that you configured during the installation.   (and if you use different servers for iSPI and NNMi, they must both be in the same domain ( eg. server1.home.com and server2.home.com, or server2.nearly.home.com)

hth

rgds Krister

Frequent Advisor
sobejhall
Message 8 of 11 (1,137 Views)

All -

I ran into this issue as well by accident.  I was accessing NNMi from the OMW server and when I tried to run a report I would get this error.  As soon as I went to my desktop or the NNMi server and ran through the same steps it didn't miss a beat.  I'm not sure what the problem is exactly with that scenario but that's what happened to me.  Hopefully this info helps in some way.

Frequent Advisor
Esh
Message 9 of 11 (1,134 Views)

Hi All,

In my case My FQDN configuration wasn't properly configured with NNM as well as in Host file. I did the same and worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Valued Contributor
Vikramsingh_03
Message 10 of 11 (1,123 Views)

Hi,

This is surely a problem with the FQDN. try to put in a host file on the NNMi server and iSPI server as well.

Regards,

Vik

sra
Occasional Visitor
sra
Message 11 of 11 (986 Views)

nnmi error

Hi 

i have installed nnmi 9.20   and not able to view my network map (that is cannot able to view my networ map) 

plz do reply 

Thanks&Regards

Sridhar

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.