Re: iSPI Performance for Metrics Perl script failing-non detecting FQDN on NNMi server (83 Views)
Advisor
imkimmy
Message 1 of 3 (105 Views)
Accepted Solution

iSPI Performance for Metrics Perl script failing-non detecting FQDN on NNMi server

Hello.  I am trying to install the iSPI Performance for Metrics on a separate server from my NNMi application.  I ran the nnmenableperfspi.ovpl script and get to the question asking for the FQDN of the remote server (the server which I will install the iSPI on).  The script takes the FQDN name I input then returns an ERROR stating the domain names of the NNMi server and the iSPI server do not match.  The script is picking up the short name of the NNMi server, not the FQDN of it.

Anyone know where this script is going to get the NNMi server name?  Or how I can force the script to use the FQDN instead of the short name, or where in NNMi I can change it so it's the FQDN instead of the short name?

Thanks!

n/a
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 2 of 3 (96 Views)

Re: iSPI Performance for Metrics Perl script failing-non detecting FQDN on NNMi server

Hello imkimmy

I would try to do the following  command to set the  FQDN nnmsetofficialfqdn.ovpl using the complete name after this I will execute again the command the nnmenableperfspi.ovpl.

For best practice please check the  DNS names with the   NSLOOKUP command to see what  domains are configured .

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution Press kudos.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
imkimmy
Message 3 of 3 (83 Views)

Re: iSPI Performance for Metrics Perl script failing-non detecting FQDN on NNMi server

Thank you, thank you, thank you!   That worked and the script sucessfully ran. 

n/a
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation