Warning: No font found, how to update or install missing X11 fonts? (19 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Paul Doyle
Message 1 of 1 (19 Views)

Warning: No font found, how to update or install missing X11 fonts?

On an HP 9000/800/D270 running HP-UX 11.0, I need help with IBM's Tivoli Storage Manager Client GUI, dsm, which aborts with a core dump and numerous messages regards missing X11 fonts. (Yes, I exported the display)

First, I ran "swremove" on the older release, IBMADSM 3.1.0.6 ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager. The older version GUI, adsm, worked but is outdated.

I installed the updated product, TIVsmC 5.1.6 Tivoli Storage Manager Client. The Tivoli command line interface, dsmc, works. The Tivoli GUI, dsm, aborts with a core dump after a brief large GUI display with the following messages scrolling by on the screen.

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Cannot convert string "-dt-interface system-medium-r-normal-s*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontSet
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
Warning:
Name: FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
Class: XmRendition
Conversion failed. Cannot load font.

Warning:
Name: FONTLIST_DEFAULT_TAG_STRING
Class: XmRendition
Conversion failed. Cannot load font.

(The above Warning messages repeat many times followed occasionally by the below message)

Warning: No font found

Just for the record, I upgraded to the same product on an HP9000/800/D380 running HP-UX 11.0. The Tivoli dsm GUI works. The only immediate difference I could detect was that the D380 has /usr/lib/X11/fonts/iso_8859.15 fonts and the D270 doesn't. If that is the issue, how can I install the iso_8859.15 fonts?

I've included the file, dsm_X11_fonts_err.txt, that contains all the errors from the screen.

Thanks, Paul Doyle
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation