Re: User with Node Group (130 Views)
Frequent Advisor
vu1988
Message 1 of 5 (156 Views)

User with Node Group

Hi Experts ,

I am using NNMi 9.20  running in Win 2008 server . We have 5 node groups .Each has 400 nodes.

1) We need to create 5 users one for each group . And each user should see only his node group alerts .He shouls have access to see other groups alerts.

2) Each user should see only "Node Down & Reliability" alerts .

Please suggest how can i create a user with such options .

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 2 of 5 (130 Views)

Re: User with Node Group

Hi,

There is some limitaion in NNMi  series compared to previous version in user model.

in your case security tenants, you can give a try.

i haven't tried it :)

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
trinhdong
Message 3 of 5 (122 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Vu,

In case what you want consider to the Security Tenants setting in NNMi.

Firstly you need to create the User Account and User Group to each group. => NNMi console >>Configuration >>Security And then do the following:

1. users assigned to user group => in User Account Mappings

2. user group assigned to security group => in Security Group Mappings

3. nodes assigned to security group

4. Security Group assigned to the tenants. => By creating the Tenants in NNMi console >> Configuration >>Discovery >>Tenants.

Since in case you want each user only see his node group alerts, so when creating the tenants, you need to choose the "object operator level 2" as the Object Access Privilege.

Note: You can check the levels of security available for users on the NNMi Deployment document guide.

By default, all NNMi users have access (through the Default Security Group) to all objects associated with this tenants. You need to change the tenants for nodes in discovery.

Hope this help!

Best Regards,
Dong
HP Support
IF this or any post resolves your issue, Plz be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
To show your appreciation, click KUDOS !!!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
JoseVindas1035
Message 4 of 5 (102 Views)

Hello,

In my case, I will recommend use Security Groups, you can find the information in the page 443 in the Help for administrators document attached.

Please let me know if you ahve any doubt about it.

J.Vindas

HP Support,

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP. If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
trinhdong
Message 5 of 5 (60 Views)

Hi Vu,

Is there any update? Did you have a chance to review the above docs about the Security Groups setting? Does it full fill your requirement?

Do let me know if you have any questions or doubts, that I will be in the best disposition to help you!!

Best Regards,
Dong
HP Support
IF this or any post resolves your issue, Plz be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
To show your appreciation, click KUDOS !!!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation