Upgrading from 9.1x to 9.2x (252 Views)
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 1 of 5 (252 Views)

Upgrading from 9.1x to 9.2x

Hello All

We are currently using 9.11.005 on HP Unix with Oracle as back-end and we are planning to upgrade to 9.20 latest patch with Embedded Postgress DB in a new Linux Server.

While going through Upgrade reference pages I could not figure out how to upgrade since there are 2 changes here,

1.   Operating system change ( HP Unix to Linux )

2.   DB change ( Oracle to Embedded Postgress )

Can you please help what are the steps required to do the upgrades please.

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 2 of 5 (242 Views)

Re: Upgrading from 9.1x to 9.2x

I'm not sure if this is a supported path or not - I think you're going to need to get HP involved in this one.

You'd probably be looking at doing this as a backup/restore though. Something like:
* Backup current system
* Install NNMi 9.11.5 on new Linux system
* Restore from backup on new server
* Upgrade new server to 9.20
* Patch new server.
CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 3 of 5 (224 Views)

Its not a supported migration.  You will loose historical data and events, but it can be done.

In order to do this you'll need to export all the configurations (nnmconfigexport.ovpl  -f, nnmconfigimport.ovpl -f), export your inventory (Inventory, nodes  right click select all, right click export to CSV), import the intventory as seeds on the new system  nnmloadseeds.ovpl and wait for the inventory to be rediscovered.

Note that this method will not overwrite any author key thats "HP Network Node Manager"  Theres a white paper from Kevin N Smith about this from support if you've got a current support contract.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 4 of 5 (211 Views)

Hello Andy

Thanks for your response.

After exporting to CSV file, I can reload them as seeds to get it discovered in new NNM.

Since our existing NNM server has multiple tenants/security groups and the new NNM server should contain only information regarding to single tenant, how can I export and import following,

user groups, users, node-group, custom-poller, incident configurations etc.

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 5 of 5 (202 Views)

The quickest way is just to do a backup.restore and just delete the other tenants from the new server.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.