Unable to login into PerfSPI Reports Page (343 Views)
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 1 of 4 (343 Views)

Unable to login into PerfSPI Reports Page

NNM 9.20 on RH Linux

iSPI Perf Metrics installed on Same server

If I wanted to login into Reports Web link ( Port 9300 ) from some other workstation, I am being presented the link as in attached image and the error been presented is,

Unable to redirect to the NNMi login page! The NNMi server hostname cannot be retreived from the database.

And if I run the command "iqdsn -g PerfSPIDSN", the output is,

Sybase IQ Data Source Utility Version 15.4.0.6567
PerfSPIDSN: UID=DBA;PWD=HP_IQ;LINKS='tcpip{port=9303;HOST=localhost;DOBROADCAST=NONE;VERIFY=NO}'

Here I am seeing HOST is been specified as localhost instead of FQDN of NNM server.

Is that the problem.

If yes please let me know how to correct it?

Please help.

Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 2 of 4 (305 Views)

Re: Unable to login into PerfSPI Reports Page

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I attempted the same URL as seen in your screenshot on my laptop (editing/pointing the address to my test NPS server).

I was redirected to:

http://NNM-FQDN/ssoservlet/protected/reports?reportURL=http://NPS-FQDN:9300/PerfSpi/PerfSpi?dummy=&namespaceID=ErsAuthenticationProvider&ssoDomain=.mydomain.something.com 

This is where I entered my NNMi system username and password, after which the NPS UI came up on this URL:

http://NPS-FQDN:9300/p2pd/NPS.html?clientLocale=en_US&dummy=&CAMNamespace=ErsTrustedSignonProvider

This probably means that the nnmenableperfspi.ovpl script has not been run on your NNMi server yet, and hence SSO has not been enabled.

Please try that (as also suggested in the screenshot (see "New Installations: Retry this URL..." line), and see if it helps.

EDIT:

I also tried the iqdsn command as you did, but I do not get the same output. Using a few combinations, I was able to list the data sources using the -b -ls switch:

C:\Users\perfspiuser>iqdsn -b -ls
Sybase IQ Data Source Utility Version 15.4.0.6567
Sybase IQ System Data Sources:
PerfSPIDSN: UID=DBA;PWD=HP_IQ;LINKS='tcpip{port=9303;HOST=localhost;DOBROADCAST=NONE;VERIFY=NO}'
PerfSPIProxyDSN: UID=DBA;PWD=HP_IQ;LINKS='tcpip{port=9306;HOST=localhost;DOBROADCAST=NONE;VERIFY=NO}'
perfspiDEMODSN: UID=DBA;PWD=sql;LINKS='tcpip{port=9304;HOST=localhost;DOBROADCAST=NONE;VERIFY=NO}'
perfspiDEMOProxyDSN: UID=DBA;PWD=sql;LINKS='tcpip{port=9307;HOST=localhost;DOBROADCAST=NONE;VERIFY=NO}'

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 3 of 4 (299 Views)

Thanks Mohit

But NNM and NPS has been installed on same server and I do not think that nnmenableperfspi.ovpl script needs to be run.

Yes, I copied the re-directed URL from NNMi console and if I open with it and it works fine.

But I am not sure why it does not work without re-directed URL link.

Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 4 of 4 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Please standby, this post will be edited.

I have managed to replicate this issue, and also found some old info on something identical that I dealt with in the past. On that occasion, installing patch 2 (for NPS) fixed the issue.

More info to follow.

***EDIT START***

I was able to replicate the behavior on an NNMi 9.21 and NPS 9.20 (no patches) system.

NNMi and NPS were on the same server.

Looking into an older case, where the issue was resolved by applying a patch, I applied patch 3 NPS (I just had it handy, along with patch 4 NNMi).

This resolved the problem.

Now, hitting the URL seen in the screenshot redirects me, and I land at the reports page.

I searched around for any known defect, which may have a customer visible link, but so far, I did not find any.

So my recommendation would be to apply the latest patch to NPS (along with applying the dependent patch on NNMi).

It goes without saying, please ensure you take a backup of both NNMi (see man pages for nnmbackup.ovpl, and nnmbackupembdb.ovpl) and NPS (see man pages for backup.ovpl) before doing so.

Updating the software components to the latest patch should fix this.

***EDIT ENDS***

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.