Unable to copy NNM databse to shared drive as part of HA configuration? (120 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Esh
Message 1 of 2 (120 Views)

Unable to copy NNM databse to shared drive as part of HA configuration?

Hi Experts,

I have installed NNMi 9.23 on rhel6.2

When I do configuring HA, as part of the steps when i do copy of database to shared drive am getting the below error.

./nnmhadisk.ovpl NNM -to /nnmmount

NOTE:     Copying files to shared disk; this may take a few minutes.

Undefined subroutine &nmsha::copyRecursively called at /opt/OV/misc/nnm/ha/modules/NNM.pm line 1269.

Thanks,

Easwar

Honored Contributor
dieter boschung
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: Unable to copy NNM databse to shared drive as part of HA configuration?

Hi Eswar

Hmm ... to me it looks as an environment issue, the mentioned function is defined in the nmsha.pm module (/opt/OV/misc/nnm/ha/modules/nmsha.pm) which gets loaded by the nnmhadisk.ovpl (and other nnmha* script).

The lookup of the perl modules is affected by the perl variable @INC variable which we explicitly set to "/opt/OV/misc/nnm/ha/modules" in nnmhadisk.ovpl. Unless you have changed the nnmhadisk.ovpl the module should get loaded.

Other shell variables which affect the perl @INC variable are:

PERL5LIB

PERLLIB

And to some extend, the $PATH variable.

The PERL5LIB and PERLLIB should not be set on a system wide basis, those are rather 'old style' variables. It is better to have the module location defined within the perl scripts (as it is done in the nnmha* scripts). If they are set on your system I would recommend to unset them prior running nnmhadisk.ovpl again:

unset PERL5LIB

unset PERLLIB

I also understand you currently have a support case open. I suggest we catch-up there.

Kind regards

Dieter

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.