SNMP timeout (286 Views)
Advisor
kazlev
Message 1 of 3 (286 Views)

SNMP timeout

Hello,

I use NNM in version 7.53

I have problem with SNMP timeout messages (like in attachment). I configured: timeout 0.8 and retries 2.

is there possibility that reasen for these messages is too common snmp count? (my client demends count every 1 min for devices wchich I have problem).

HP Expert
IvanKozlov
Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)

Re: SNMP timeout

Hello,

You could try to use wireshark/tcpdump to see how SNMP requests and replies travel between your NNMi station and devices in question, possibly the reply comes too late, and increasing number of retries or timeout length will help here. Just keep in mind that each retry increases timeout in 2. Currently you have 0.8 timeout and 2 retries, it means that if device is not responding, first timeout will be 0.8 seconds, then 1.6 seconds, then 3.2 seconds, making it 5.6 seconds in total before NNM stops waiting for reply.

Advisor
kazlev
Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)

Re: SNMP timeout

I set timeout to 2 sek and set 3 retries but I still have a problem. Yesterday I recived info like in attachment: i can read that my polling interval is 10 sek, but in data coll... i set 1 minute. Why in message is 10 sek?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.