SMPv3 trap processing (327 Views)
Occasional Visitor
bck_123
Message 1 of 4 (327 Views)
Accepted Solution

SMPv3 trap processing

How long does it take for NNMi to process an SNMPv3 trap? I understand that a precise estimate would depend on the server configuration and other factors. But I only need a rough estimate. What is the typical timescale?

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

Re: SMPv3 trap processing

Whatexactly do you mean by process ?   The time it takes  from when trap is recieved at the OS layer and then displayed in the trap table ?

You mean in a perfect world with NNMi's inventory haveing only one device in its inventory , sending only one SNMPv3 trap for an entity that is in a managed state ?

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Occasional Visitor
bck_123
Message 3 of 4 (302 Views)

Yes, an ideal case is fine. I'm not even concerned about displaying the trap. For my purposes I want to know how long it takes to read it, compare it to a threshold, and, if necessary, forward it on. Are we talking less than a millisecond, a few milliseconds, tens of milliseconds, hundreds?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)

I dont have an ideal case but on my fully loaded system its 12ms with a traprate of ~ 20 per second.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.