Re: SIP & NNM Topology (179 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Sameera Fatima
Message 1 of 3 (179 Views)

SIP & NNM Topology

Hi Friends,

I am integrating SIP with NNM. I can access all the alarms and managed resources information but the topology map does not come up. I have implemented SIP on win2003. The same NNM when i integrate with SIP on another machine - it displays the map which means there are no issues with NNM but with SIP.

I have checked the SIP log file - it throws the given error:
Permission Denied

I have already checked nnm's ovw.auth and ovwdb.auth. Both the files allow users by default.

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks
Sameera
Advisor
K Paschal
Message 2 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: SIP & NNM Topology

Sameera;

The issue should be with NNM, not with SIP. Can you access jovw.exe from the same box that SIP is on? Both connect to port 3700+ and look for a map matching the name configured. What is around the "Permission Denied" error message, as this may also be helpful to define the solution.

Best of luck.

Keith
Occasional Contributor
Sameera Fatima
Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)

Re: SIP & NNM Topology

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply - I did try doing that. The issue has been resolved. The problem was with NNM - I needed a Java 1.4 plug-in to view the NNM Topology map. Since SIP 3.1 supports only java 1.3, i did not have the same. Once i installed Java plug-in 1.4, i started recieving the topology maps.

Regards,
Sameera
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.