Re: QoS and IP SLA monitoring in HP NNMi (470 Views)
Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 1 of 5 (507 Views)

QoS and IP SLA monitoring in HP NNMi

Hi All,

we need to monitor IP SLA parameters Delay, jitter, packet loss and QoS classes traffic monitoring on all Cisco devices.

we have HP ANM suite for this, and need to know which  ISPi does it require for monitoring above parameters.

we know that on cisco, IP SLA probes has to be confgured for monitoring SLA KPIs and QoS classes has to be configured on interfaces on devices for QOS traffic monitoring.

but I am unable to find any specific document which can help me out with entire end to end confguration and also prerequisites for reporting of all of the above.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,

Hanumant

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
mostafa_hassan
Message 2 of 5 (494 Views)

Re: QoS and IP SLA monitoring in HP NNMi

Hello ,

NNM Quality Assurance ISPI , will fit what you are asking for .

All the best .
Saying Thanks by hitting Kudos :)

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
HP AIS NNM-NA-OO
CCNA-CCNP-ITIL-VCA-Cloud-VCA DataCenter
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 3 of 5 (479 Views)

Hi Mostafa,

Thanks a lot for your inputs and document shared.

however, I could not see any information related to the QoS monitoring in yur document as well as PDF document from HP.

IP SLA probe monitoring information is available but queue monitoring information and its reporting config in NNMi related information is no where available.

Will be really grateful if you can help me out with that too!! :)

Regards,

Hanumant D. Madane

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
mostafa_hassan
Message 4 of 5 (470 Views)

Hello Hanumant,

These are the documents i have , i can't find QOS in the sheet too which i am wondering where HP is covering this part .

please consider to send product Technical question to HP Support , i guess they will help on that .

All the best .
Saying Thanks by hitting Kudos :)

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
HP AIS NNM-NA-OO
CCNA-CCNP-ITIL-VCA-Cloud-VCA DataCenter
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
CherryL_1
Message 5 of 5 (443 Views)

QoS monitoring is definitely available (and documented) in QA 9.2. I think it may have been introduced in that version.

There are a few 'quirks' in the implementation depending on how QoS is configured and what version of Cisco IOS is being used. I'm currently working with support on these issues.  Apart from that it has the potential to be very useful.

Cherry

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation