Re: Providing multiple values (to be ORed) to NNMi console filters (255 Views)
Regular Advisor
Message 1 of 3 (291 Views)
Accepted Solution

Providing multiple values (to be ORed) to NNMi console filters

Hi,

I have a very urgent requirement. I need to filter  a number of incidents for a particular view.

For ex, if I want to set my view to all the Incidents having the messages like:

NodeDown 
ConnectionDown 
InterfaceDown 
TemperatureOutOfRangeOrMalfunctioning 
FanOutOfRangeOrMalfunctioning 
PowerSupplyOutOfRangeOrMalfunctioning

How can I set the filters? Can I use multiple values in equals/contains field?

Regards,

Aditi

HP Expert
Message 2 of 3 (260 Views)

Re: Providing multiple values (to be Order) to NNMi console filters

Hello  ADT

I think  for the Node Down ,Interface Down and Connection Down , you can put  a filter using "contains"  and the filter value  "Down". But using multiple values  AFAIK is not possible, I would suggest to open an enhancement request in order to honor this request. Otherwise you can use disable the other incident if you are not interested in or use suppression for a particular nodes that  you don't want to receive the other incidents.

Please visit our new customer forum if you have a valid SAID  support contract at the following link.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Node-Manager-Support/bd-p/network-node-mgr-support-cust-forum#....

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

HP Expert
Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)

Re: Providing multiple values (to be ORed) to NNMi console filters

Hi

As mentioned by Fernando, unfortunately you can't use multiple "contains" or "equals" entries within the same column.

What you can do is change the Incident Configuration of the events of interest. You can create a new Category (for example), add those Incidents to the new category and then create a filter based on the Category. Similarly you can modify the Message Format, add a keyword to those Incident messages and then filter by the KeyWord.

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.