Re: Partial admin role to level2 operators (250 Views)
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)
Accepted Solution

Partial admin role to level2 operators

Hello experts,

I want to grand additoinal roles to level2 operators. like add an custom attribute value in Nodes. Is this possible ?If yes then how ?

NNMi 920 running on windows.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 2 of 3 (250 Views)

Re: Partial admin role to level2 operators

Tanish,

Unfortunately this is not possible.  There are a number of functions within NNMi that are hardcoded to certain user levels and they can't be overridden, even if you find the menu action in the UI configuration and change the settings there.

In the nms-topology and nms-ui properties files in the <NnmDataDir>/shared/nnm/conf/props/  directory you will find some settings that allow you to configure a level 2 user to be able to delete objects and work with nodegroup maps, but I don't believe these extend to the Custom Attributes function.

I would suggest you open an ER to request this capability if its important to you.

All the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 3 of 3 (228 Views)

Re: Partial admin role to level2 operators

@UI-PROPS FILE

# To enable users with role Operator Level 2 to delete nodes, create and delete node groups,
# set the following properties to true
# Note that the corresponding property
# also corresponding properties level2NodeDelete and level2MapEditing
# permission.override.com.hp.nnm.DELETE_OBJECT in nms-topology.properties must also be enabled
#
#!com.hp.nnm.ui.level2NodeDelete = true
#!com.hp.nnm.ui.level2MapEditing = true

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation