Openview & environment (89 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Selim
Message 1 of 5 (89 Views)

Openview & environment

How do i setup a Environment trap for openview to poll cisco routers this way if Temperature is a bove a certain temperature i will get an alarm.

Tnx
Selim
My mind is a terrible thing to waste!
Advisor
Jose Ibarra
Message 2 of 5 (89 Views)

Re: Openview & environment

I would recommend configuring an snmp data collection and threshold event for the mib which reports temperature. You could set a threshold alarm to trigger if the value exceeds an acceptable level.

You will need to load the mib definition for the cisco equipment you plan to monitor.
Advisor
Jose Ibarra
Message 3 of 5 (89 Views)

I would recommend configuring an snmp data collection and threshold event for the mib which reports temperature. You could set a threshold alarm to trigger if the value exceeds an acceptable level.

You will need to load the mib definition for the cisco equipment you plan to monitor.
Advisor
Jose Ibarra
Message 4 of 5 (89 Views)

Advisor
Jose Ibarra
Message 5 of 5 (89 Views)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.