Re: Opening NNM console through OMi browser (1695 Views)
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 1 of 14 (1,781 Views)
Accepted Solution

Opening NNM console through OMi browser

Hello,

I would like to launch NNM console from OMi browser and I know its possible but if I try to open the NNM console, I am getting the windows (attached). I need to know from where will I get the port information from. Screenshot also says check for NNMi server and port settings in "HP NNMi adapter" section of the general server configuration GUI. I dont know where this GUI exists. Kindly help.

In a similar way, can I open OMW console from OMi?

--Sujith

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 2 of 14 (1,780 Views)

Re: Opening NNM console through OMi browser

Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.
Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 3 of 14 (1,778 Views)

Forgot to add, I use port 80 and I can launch the NNMi console but LW-SSO is enabled so after opening NNM console, I will be logged out of BSM

--Sujith

HP Expert
Dmitry Shevchenko
Message 4 of 14 (1,770 Views)

Try to define the NNM server settings in the BSM Infrastructure Settings, Foundations=Integrations with other applications, HP NNM section

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 5 of 14 (1,762 Views)

Thanks for the response Dmitry. I did add the HP NNM Integration URL as https://FQDN of NNM server:21350 and also tried with https://hostname:21350 as 21350 is the port for HHTPS protocol which was configured during the integration. The same port is also suggested in the integration document. HP NNM user ID field contains the admin user id of NNM application/console and HP NNM user password filed contains the admin password of the NNM application/console.

I tried with these settings but the console is not opening. It givesbelow message. Note that when am launching the NNM consle with https option from OMi browser it is asking for user id and password. After inputting the details, the final URL looks like this https://servername:21350/nnm/launch?cmd=runTool&tool=nnmstatus. Please advise.

HTTP Status 404 - /nnm/launch

type Status report

message /nnm/launch

description The requested resource (/nnm/launch) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.29

Frequent Advisor
Rolden
Message 6 of 14 (1,760 Views)

Hi.

i guess you are doing integration through Integration Adapter..Update the URL either in  the connected servers wizard or you can update the same in the policy.. It cannot be Integration adapter URl i.e. 21350/51.. It should be of NNM & update the same in the infrastructure settings in platform.

Read the Integration Adapter manual for the same.

Thanks

Rolden

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 7 of 14 (1,757 Views)

Thanks for the tip Rolden. I did add BSM integration adapter/nnm server as connected server of type integration adapter. Here after the configuration, URL shows up as https://<FQDN of nnm server>:443 and I updated the same in platform as well but I will be logged out of BSM the moment I login to NNM from OMi because of LW-SSO. I had the same issue earlier when I used port 80.

I tried with making the connected server as active and in active but no luck.

I am able to launch integration adapter GUI from connected server page. In this connected server, for policy management it has taken 21350 port and for event drill down it has taken 443 port.

Regards,

Sujith

Frequent Advisor
Rolden
Message 8 of 14 (1,753 Views)

Hi Sujith,

Dont configure the drill down through Connected servers..

Do one thing.. add the below mentioned line in the Integration policy through its portal by editing the policy.

Go to Rules option-> select the rule-> Then go to Advanced option

In Event drilldown URL:-

http://NNM server FQDN:8080/nnm/launch?cmd=showForm&objtype=Incident&objuuid=$OPC_CUSTOM[nnm.inciden....

Remove the drilldown from Connected server. Check..

Its working at my end. I am using LW-SSO

Thanks

Rolden

Frequent Advisor
Rolden
Message 9 of 14 (1,752 Views)

URL:-

http://NNM FQDN:8080/nnm/launch?cmd=showForm&objtype=Incident

&objuuid=$OPC_CUSTOM[nnm.incident.uuid]&menus=true

Guess it is hidden in the message body.

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 10 of 14 (1,737 Views)

Hi Rolden,

I removed the drill down setttings under connected servers and added that URL in the policy as well. Then I tried to launch the NNM console using port 8080 and 80, it does not open. But if I try with 443 port it works but as before I get logged out of BSM.

I am also changing the platform settings based on the port number am using when am trying to launch console. Please let me know what should I enter in the platform and custom NNM URL field & ports in the NNM launch browser. Perhaps, can you share the platform and custom NNM URL field & portsinfo as it is working for you.

Regards,

Sujith

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 11 of 14 (1,729 Views)

Rolden,

Is there something that needs to be done. This is really important for me. Thanks!

--Sujith

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 12 of 14 (1,728 Views)

If you are ready to help, I can call you. Let me know your contact number.

--Sujith

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 13 of 14 (1,701 Views)

I managed to find a solution finally. You need to change the value of init key used for BSM-NNM integration in nms-ui.properties file (D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\conf\props) in the line “com.hp.nms.ui.sso.initString” to “YOUR_INIT_KEY”. This activates the LW-SSO for BSM to login to NNM without asking for user credentials provided the same user and password is configured from NNM end. If not configured you will be prompted to enter NNM user ID and password.

Also, you do not have to add the integration URL in admin>platform>integrations with other applications>Integrations with other applications - HP NNM.

Ensure that you add the exact NNM console URL in the admin>operations management>design operations content>Show NNMi conlse (http) tool under URL tab to launch the NNM console. If you wont add this detail, you will be prompted to enter the NNM FQDN and port.

--Sujith

Honored Contributor
Sujith Kumar C.S
Message 14 of 14 (1,695 Views)

Forgot to add that after making above changes, Save the file and then execute : “nnmsso.ovpl -reload”. Thats it

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.