Re: IP disappeared (184 Views)
Valued Contributor
bebu
Message 1 of 5 (190 Views)
Accepted Solution

Node disappeared

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I had tried added a virtual IP of existing node's IP in NNMi. after few hours, the physical IP which i have added earlier had disappeared. i have deleted the new virtual IP and verified, still am unable to find the physical IP. i tried to add a new one, it doesnt allow even and it says " duplicate IP". can any one help on this case ?

Bebu

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Sergey Pankratov_1
Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)

Re: IP disappeared

Hello Bebu,

You cannot add an IP to the node in NNMi. I assume you meant you added a virtual IP as a seed entry to discover. If the node is SNMP one NNMi will display in "IP Addresses" tab of the node's form only IP addresses reported by the SNMP agent from IP address table. You can see which addresses are reported by executing
"nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl  <node-name>  ip.ipAddrTable" . NNMi can use an IP not reported from that table as a management address but It will not be displayed in "IP Addresses" tab. In your case NNMi  probably discovered two nodes. One is a node with physical IP and another one with a virtual one. Try to search each IP in Tools, Find node. Does it return a node for each IP you type there ?

Sergey Pankratov
HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember
to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
bebu
Message 3 of 5 (182 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks, Yes you are correct, The tool may discovered 2 IPs. i have filtered the virtual ip through snmpwalk ip.iptable and deleted that one, now i can add the exact phyisical ip which disappeard. Thanks a lot once again. 

Bebu

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Sergey Pankratov_1
Message 4 of 5 (167 Views)

Try to delete the virtual and physical IP from Configuration/Discovery/Seeds. Then Go to Inventory/Custom IP Addresses and filter out the view using "IP Address" column for virtual and physical IP to make sure they are not reported in any node. IF any IP found, check what is the node that IP belongs to. If not found, try to discover virtual IP as a seed first. Make sure it responds to SNMP and check what a SNMP agent returns in IP Address table. If virtual IP does not respond to SNMP try the same with physical  IP address. To better understand what's going on I would need your findings when you perform the steps above.

Sergey Pankratov
HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember
to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
bebu
Message 5 of 5 (150 Views)

Hi,

yes, I have noticed virtual ip has pointing to some other Node and taken system name of "physical" ip address (which dis appeared) and diffrent hostname, so, i cant add physical ip further and got duplicate seed. so, i have removed the virtual IP and added physical IP, it has added as new node. Thank you very much :)

//Bebu

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation