Re: New management event (141 Views)
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 1 of 6 (193 Views)

New management event

Hi,

I want to create a managment event. 

Say for example, for a particular oid i am getting a message "channel out of service". can i use that oid for creating  a managment event ?

How can i identify the managment event oid from a simple snmpwalk ?

is there any document for this ?

Thanks in advance!!

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 6 (161 Views)

Re: New management event

Apples and oranges.     You get a SNMP trap and want to create an event, not a management event. The difference its that you're already recieving an OID, you dont need to create a new one.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 3 of 6 (150 Views)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your time.

Let me explain the senario well. The node is set up to not to send any traps. I have enabled some custom poller collection on certain mib variables.

I just wanted to know is it possible to create a management event, on an OID the device reposnds to snmpwalk.

Cheers

Anish

Valued Contributor
gope
Message 4 of 6 (145 Views)

Hello Anish,

I had some time back configured Custom poller with thresholds to trigger incidents based on the threshold values.

If your requirement is similar to the above then yes you can do it. You can refer to "Create a Custom Poller Collection" topic in NNMi 9.20 online help.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Gopinath Manickam

To show your appreciation, click KUDOS !!!
Frequent Advisor
tanish
Message 5 of 6 (141 Views)

hi gope,

I am not looking for custom polled normal/major/criticcal alerts.

NNMi has an option to create a new management event. All i want to know is is there any critieria for an oid to qualify for creating a management event

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 6 of 6 (130 Views)

[ Edited ]

Nope, but why wouldnt any of the existing Custompoller normal-critical events work ?   Yo can trigger those off of a comparison matrix with a few minutes of configuration work.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.