New Support customer Forum (317 Views)
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 1 of 8 (317 Views)

New Support customer Forum

Hello Comunity

Please visit  our new customer support forum  at the following link if you have a valid SAID since this is a old Forum.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Node-Manager-Support/bd-p/network-node-mgr-support-cust-forum

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 2 of 8 (298 Views)

Re: New Support customer Forum

This forum may be an "old" forum, but it is still reasonably active, and because anyone can view/post, it will remain that way.

If HP really wants to encourage use of the support forum, there's three things they need to do:
* Sort out authentication. Stop requiring a login every hour. I get sick and tired of having to repeatedly login throughout the day.
* Make RSS feeds work for the customer forum. I use RSS to keep up with new posts. This is VASTLY more efficient than having to login (again) to see if there are any new posts.
* Get rid of the ridiculous survey prompt that keeps popping up at least once a day, no matter how many times you click yes or no. For a change, I tried putting in yes for a while. Took about 5 goes before a survey form got sent to me, and even then it was just a few silly questions.

Deal with those usability issues first before worrying too much about which forum people are posting in.
CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 3 of 8 (290 Views)

Hello Northland

Thank you so much for this feecback is really appreciated, I will commnicate this with the developer of the forum,

Thank you much!

Warm Regards

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 4 of 8 (288 Views)

The biggest one would be RSS - if I could follow the forum via RSS, I would be MUCH more likely to contribute to it.

Problem is that it relies on authentication, so I don't know if/how that can be done.
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 5 of 8 (286 Views)

Hello Northland

For this point 

Make RSS feeds work for the customer forum. I use RSS to keep up with new posts. This is VASTLY more efficient than having to login (again) to see if there are any new posts

You can use  the subcription so you can receive an email for every new post .

h6.jpg

Please let me know if this works for you . 

Warm Regards

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 6 of 8 (284 Views)

Interesting - I didn't know I could get email notification for every post.

I get too much email as it is though - RSS is the 'right' way to solve it (in spite of what Google thinks, shutting down Reader)
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 7 of 8 (283 Views)

no worries  I already send an email to the developers.

Your feedback is really appreciated.

ALl the best!

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 8 of 8 (273 Views)

The other thing that could really help would be if the email sent out actually had the post in it. The email wastes a lot of space telling me how to manage subscriptions, but doesn't provide a lot of truly useful information - i.e. the message content.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.