Re: Network Presenter from Dual NICs (42 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Richard Gordon
Message 1 of 3 (42 Views)

Network Presenter from Dual NICs

I am running NNM 6.2 on a Solaris 2.6 platform. I have 2 NICs, with the second having been installed just recently. The IP addresses are 10.11.255.x on hme0 and 166.35.245.x on hme1. I can run Network Presenter from the 10.11.x.x address but cannot from the 166.35.x.x. I keep getting a host unreachable type of error message. I get the same results when I try this from the server. I have been working with the HP TAC for several weeks but we still are not able to get it working. We have to do it this way because not everyone can get to the private 10 network. Anyone run into this? Thanks
Occasional Advisor
tom flipse
Message 2 of 3 (42 Views)

Re: Network Presenter from Dual NICs

Richard,

Have exactly the same problem over here. No answers yet. A collegue of mine did encounter the same issue before. He claimed it was due to the resolving of the hostname.

When you access over the public interface, do you get an error message with the ip/name of the private ip ?

Tom Flipse
no
Occasional Advisor
tom flipse
Message 3 of 3 (42 Views)

Re: Network Presenter from Dual NICs

Richard,
Please check the name of the server that is being used in $OV_DB/openview/ovwdb/ovserver
This name will be returned if starting up the network presenter and be resolved locally. So say the name of your server is I.com, internally and E.com externally. The file will probably say I.com. Now what you have to do is make sure that E.com (external name can be resolved to the external adress). Ideally these names are both the same.

So if you resolve E.com on your client using nslookup it should return the outside ip-address. Once you have this running things will work.

(warning, do not change the server name in the ovserver file, this will corrupt the db)

Tom
no
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.