NNMi failed to send email notification using mailx on linux server (398 Views)
Valued Contributor
Suresh Reddy_1
Message 1 of 4 (398 Views)

NNMi failed to send email notification using mailx on linux server

Dear Experts,

We are configuring NNMi to send email notification for Incidents and traps . We followed the below KM document but failed to configure email notification for incidents/alerts and traps.

Configurationà

Management Event Configurations

SNMP Trap Configuration

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1154783

I’ve received a test email When I manually send the email notification using Mailx command from NNM server.

echo "Subject:Node $sourceObjectName Down" | mailx -s "subject" sureshreddy.m@xxx.com

Please share your  suggestions.

HP Expert
iquesada
Message 2 of 4 (375 Views)

Re: NNMi failed to send email notification using mailx on linux server

Hello,

Could you please provide the incidentActions.log, that way we can check if there is any errors such as:
Standard Error: email sent unsuccessful!javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 53.151.xxx.xxx, port: xx;
  nested exception is:
                java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
When the action runs, output is logged to the incidentActions.*.*.log file. To view the contents of the Actions log, go to NNMi GUI ->Tools -> Incident Actions Log menu option.

Regards,

Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Valued Contributor
Suresh Reddy_1
Message 3 of 4 (362 Views)

thanks for the reply,

there are no error messages found in incident action log.

Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 4 of 4 (340 Views)

Hello,

If the incident action logs (found at %NNMDataDir%logs/nnm/public/) contain no errors  at all, then you may want to check the actual configuration done on NNMi at the management event level (the Node Down configuration).

If you could please provide screenshots of the same, we could probably identify what is missing.

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.