Re: NNMi QOS Monitoring (408 Views)
Regular Advisor
TEXASBOY
Message 1 of 9 (408 Views)
Accepted Solution

NNMi QOS Monitoring

Need to monitor QOS drops when threshold is crossed on Wan Links.

Any ideas on how to get this to work in NNMi 8.13?

What mibs need to be loaded so I can verify?

Points given.

Any information greatly appreciated.
Honored Contributor
Mika Hokkanien
Message 2 of 9 (408 Views)

Re: NNMi QOS Monitoring

Hi,

Which nodes you have QoS configured on? Is it Cisco?
Regular Advisor
TEXASBOY
Message 3 of 9 (408 Views)

Mica,

Yes they are Cisco.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.
Regular Advisor
TEXASBOY
Message 4 of 9 (408 Views)

Can anyone help me with setting up Cisco QoS monitoring in NNMi 8.13?

Points given.

Any information greatly appeciated.
Honored Contributor
Mika Hokkanien
Message 5 of 9 (408 Views)

I need to get to my notes, which may be next day only.
In a meanwhile, can you confirm that you have iSPI Performance for Metrics?

Also, can you send few lines from your Cisco device what you use for QoS? (you can delete IP addresses or specific names which may represent your network details).

I need also doublecheck if current Cisco IOS'es has OID persistance for QoS on SNMP. I will back to you tomorrow.
Regular Advisor
TEXASBOY
Message 6 of 9 (408 Views)

Mika,

I am using iSPI for Performance.

I will send the QoS lines to you from my Cisco device once I have them.

Thanks.
Honored Contributor
ITC_Call_a_Smile
Message 7 of 9 (408 Views)

Hello,

you can use the IP SLA feature your Cisco IOS devices. You can use this feature for probung an alerting if you get no or a slow response. Please have a look on the Cisco web site for details.

Kind regards

Allessandro

BTW: If you have CiscoWorks 2000 LMS you can use Internet Performance Monitor to configure, collect and report on the measurements.
Honored Contributor
Mika Hokkanien
Message 8 of 9 (408 Views)

IP SLA is one of solutions. It's easy to configure and pretty intuitive to use SNMP MIBs.
IP SLA is based on synthetic packets sent periodically by your configured schedule. It will show how well these packets were sent (latency, errors, jitters and few more parameters). These parameters can be read from 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.42 SNMP branch.

Another thing is if you plan to monitor how your existing traffic is working on every sincle class: errors, drops, queues, etc. In this case you need to monitor that QoS's SNMP OIDs.
Since you haven't sent your config lines so far, in general I can recommend you find your QoS which you use and browse through according MIB and see what parameters you can monitor and which OID they are assigned to. Check following link for MIBs you may need. At least you can find what parameters you can monitor and which OID has your required parameter.
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1399700&admit=109447627+126348...
Valued Contributor
drv23
Message 9 of 9 (408 Views)

TEXASBOY,

Were you able to find a solution besides the IP SLA option? I'm curious to know how you were able to accomplish this as we are trying to measure the same thing in our environment ... NNMi 8.13 with Perf SPI and Cisco nodes.

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.