NNMi Menu Action (contextmenu) (500 Views)
Frequent Advisor
TLZ
Message 1 of 4 (500 Views)

NNMi Menu Action (contextmenu)

Hello

I am trying to define an menu action to execute a script for the selected Nodes.

To give an example:

I select Node A and B from a view and open context menu. Then I run the command "DefineMaintenanceWindow".

Here I can give some parameters i.e. 3 for 3hours. After this time the node gets automatically managed again.

This is just an example. May the script just prints the selected node into another file or does anything else.

I have checked the existing Action but id it seems only URLs can be specified but I would like to do something like this:

cmd.exe /c c:/dummy.bat

or

/nnm/runtool?cmd=dummy&param1=<nodename>

Can anyone help me to define such an action?

Many thanks for your responses in advance!

Regards,

Thomas

HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: NNMi Menu Action (contextmenu)

Thomas,

NNMi does not support the ability to call "cgi-bin" scripts that are run from under the ovjboss environment.  However what you can do is to implement another web server on your system eg IIS on Windows or Apache on Unix and then use that web server to run your actions.  Then the URL would be something like  http://<nnmiHost>:<newport>/cgi-bin/action.ovpl     ( or bat or .sh etc ).

All the best

Dave

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Advisor
TLZ
Message 3 of 4 (467 Views)

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping there would be another way to do that.

For example to implement an URLAction class and integrate in the nnm.war file but this seems quite complicated withoud an API or any example.

So if there is not any other way to do that, I will have to do it with your suggestion.

Regards,

Thomas

HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 4 of 4 (462 Views)

Thomas,

This is the best way as we do not support any other applications running under ovjboss.  It also helps to ensure NNMi is not impacted by any rogue scripts, applications, integrations etc  By keeping things apart it makes monitoring and troubleshooting issues alot simpler.

All the best

Dave

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.