NNMi MIB files migration (122 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Abhishek_
Message 1 of 2 (122 Views)

NNMi MIB files migration

Hi Experts,

Need to migrate NNMi windows HA to NNMi Linux HA

NNMi windows version: 9.20 with Patch 4 (this is a present production server)

NNMi linux version: 9.20 with patch 4 ( this a new NNMi server nothing is configured)

I want to do the configuration migration and not the database migration, in this case I have to first migrate all the mib files available in current NNMi production( windows) to NNMi linux.

any command to migrate all the mib files , do I have to migrate the mib files from the below path or any other path I have to consider.

/opt/OV/misc/nnm/snmp-mibs/Vendor

Please advice is there any standard procedure to migrate the mib files s

HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 2 of 2 (89 Views)

Re: NNMi MIB files migration

Abhishek,

When you load a MIB file NNMi puts the file contents into the DB and also then creates a series of other tables that hold various aspects of the MIB contents. 

In order to migrate the files installed on one sytem to another its really a case of

1) Identify which MIBS have been loaded  (  nnmloadmib.ovpl -list )

2) ensure all these MIB files are on the new system

3) load each of them one by one.

Unfortunately there is no automated procedure for this.   However to make things a little easier I wrote a script that will extract one or all of the MIBS from the DB.  This makes it much easier to get all that have been loaded and to then copy those that are not on the new system onto it.    if you would like this script then let me have your email address in a private mail ( link above top right ) and I can send it to you.

All the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.