Re: NNMi 9.20 and NA 9.20 integration failed (351 Views)
Occasional Advisor
askhemant
Message 1 of 7 (395 Views)
Accepted Solution

NNMi 9.20 and NA 9.20 integration failed

Hi

I have installed HP NNMi and NA 9.20 on same Windows 2008 64 bit OS in test setup. Both application were installed properly, but when i try to integrate them it fails.

Port used by NA is 8443

I am not using SSL on both the application, while installing NA it didn't prompted for any specific port.

When i tried third party integration from NA it successfully complete integration test from NA to NNMi.

Please do let me know for more information. Please check

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 2 of 7 (385 Views)

Re: NNMi 9.20 and NA 9.20 integration failed

I would start by reading through pages 33 and 34 (Troubleshooting the integration) of the NNMi-NA (9.20) Integration guide:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1398138/binary/nnmi_integration_network_automati...

Since the error talks about 4 things, Host, Port, credentials, and SSL, it would be worth finding out if:

>you can logon to the NNMi URL from NA

>NA URL from NNMi

The most common reason is access rights from NNMi to NA and vice versa.

-

Mohit Sharma

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
askhemant
Message 3 of 7 (364 Views)

Thanks Mohit

I have performed these troubleshooting for integration described in guide. still i am not getting integration done successfully.

I am facing same issue... Any Idea...

Appreciate help on this.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 4 of 7 (351 Views)

Well, from what I can think of, these pointers need to be kept in mind:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1459504/binary/nnmi_system_support_matrix_9.21.p...

(see the section titled "Coexistence")

>NA should be version 9.20

>For NNMi and NA to run correctly on the same computer, you must install NNMi before installing NA.

(I guess its way past that stage here).

As mentioned earlier, I have come across similar errors for OM integrations as well, and on all occurrences it was found to be user access rights issue or name resolution. So I would suggest on rechecking on those fronts, yet again.

I will check with a couple of people I know in the NA side of things, but responses could be delayed. If all else fails, and if this is business critical, please open a support case, and we will take a look.

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
askhemant
Message 5 of 7 (344 Views)

Hi

I got resolution on this, it worked for me

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 6 of 7 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hemant,

Glad it worked. For anyone else who may have been reading these posts, mind telling what was done to correct this?

-

Mohit Sharma.

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
askhemant
Message 7 of 7 (333 Views)

Hi Manish

I was using wrong port as of 8443 which i was using for accessing application. But when i used 8080 it worked.

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation