NNMi 9.20 Error Installation Windows (1885 Views)
Advisor
KeanChen
Message 1 of 11 (1,885 Views)
Accepted Solution

NNMi 9.20 Error Installation Windows

Hi,

I have the error when the installation was finished, and not running the process of NNMi.

Log unique Error: com.hp.ov.installer.ovapp.core.ActionRunner

Spoiler
ScreenHunter_18 Aug. 17 11.12.jpg
Spoiler
ScreenHunter_19 Aug. 17 11.13.jpg
Spoiler
NNM_0014.jpg

Any Idea?

Best Regards.

Trusted Contributor
wrs_hp
Message 2 of 11 (1,871 Views)

Re: NNMi 9.20 Error Installation Windows

Hi

We would need to see the exact issue that is occurring, part of the details in your screenshot which point to the installer logs are not showing. Please attach your installer logs for this install attempt which should be located under your tmp directory./ HPovInstaller on you system. This will tell us more precise detail as to what exactly is failing.

If you have trouble finding these files, please rerun the install to the point where the main screen will tell you where it will put the installation logs. This will get you the location and you can just cancel at that point and retrieve the logs.

Thanks

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Advisor
KeanChen
Message 3 of 11 (1,865 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your help, Now attached the nnm-install-config.

Best Regards.

Valued Contributor
pafreire
Message 4 of 11 (1,848 Views)

Hello,

I had a similar error in NNMi 9.20. In my case the issue was related to Operations Agent (OA) previously installed in system.

To solve it, I removed NNMi and OA from the system and first I did the installation of NNMi.

HTH,

Paulo

“The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.”
Bertrand Russell
Advisor
KeanChen
Message 5 of 11 (1,824 Views)

Hi Pafreire,

I was checking the OA service and not found, the firewall and antivirus is disabled.

Any Idea, about to the problem?

Thanks,

Best Regards.
Trusted Contributor
wrs_hp
Message 6 of 11 (1,817 Views)

Hi

We need the  logs listed below also to further try to determine the problem. 

So far, this may be a possible permissions problem on the drive/folder/ you are installing to.

Please see the attached document/excerpt fromt the install log you sent us which shows cmd.exe cannot run the required perl scripts.  The scripts properly setup the install to create the embedded database which is what you are seeing as when we try to start the database, it cannot Please check all your permissions for access to these folders

Let us know you're findings.

Please attach these files also:

/tm/nnm-install-config_sh.log

/tmp/HPOvInstallerLog.txt: 

%TEMP%\nnm-preinstallcheck.log

/tmp/nnm-preinstallcheck.log

%TEMP%\NNMUninstall.log If you have uninstalled NNMi adn reinstalled

Thanks

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Trusted Contributor
wrs_hp
Message 7 of 11 (1,816 Views)

Hi . ********Please see below also which may be the problem

Windows Server 2008 introduced the concept of User Access Control (UAC). Users that are not part of the Local Administrator group might not have the full Administrator privileges that are required to successfully install NNMi. All of the scripts and commands shipped with NNMi detect and warn the user if the user does not have full Administrator privileges. For a successful NNMi installation, install NNMi as a user with full Local Administrator access or disable UAC.
HP Support
Advisor
KeanChen
Message 8 of 11 (1,812 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for your response, but I have disabled the UAC.

Spoiler
OM_0040.jpg

Any Idea?

Best Regards.

Trusted Contributor
wrs_hp
Message 9 of 11 (1,810 Views)

We need the logs listed below also to further try to determine the problem.

So far, this may be a possible permissions problem on the drive/folder/ you are installing to.

Please see the attached document/excerpt fromt the install log you sent us which shows cmd.exe cannot run the required perl scripts. The scripts properly setup the install to create the embedded database which is what you are seeing as when we try to start the database, it cannot Please check all your permissions for access to these folders

Let us know you're findings.

Please attach these files also:

/tm/nnm-install-config_sh.log

/tmp/HPOvInstallerLog.txt:

%TEMP%\nnm-preinstallcheck.log.
/tmp/nnm-preinstallcheck.log

%TEMP%\NNMUninstall.log If you have uninstalled NNMi adn reinstalled

Thanks

HP Support
Advisor
KeanChen
Message 10 of 11 (1,808 Views)

Advisor
KeanChen
Message 11 of 11 (1,778 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your help and was successfull, thanks your response I added in the security of folder the user "LOCAL SERVICE" with full permission.

Thanks

Best Regards.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.