NNMi 9.2 ovjboss only lists 5 services (115 Views)
Occasional Visitor
SoBeHaLL
Message 1 of 4 (115 Views)

NNMi 9.2 ovjboss only lists 5 services

Recently NNMi jsut stopped working.  Can't access it at all.  I did and ovstop and ovstart, then ran ovstatus -v.  Everything is running but ovjboss looks like this:

object manager name: ovjboss

state:                                 RUNNING

PID:                                     6060

last message:                   initialization complete.

exit status:                       -

additional info:

SERVICE                                                                                     STATUS

NmsAPA                                                                                     Service is started

NmsExtensionNotificationService                                      Service is started

SpmdjbossStart                                                                        Service is started

StagedIcmp                                                                                Service is started

TrapConfigurationService                                                      Service is started

--------------------------------

The health.log shows that everything is running, everything is started, no errors ... nothing.  I try to access the NNMi console and it just sits there thinking forever without stopping.  I don't even know what to do at this point, the system thinks it's fine but obviously it's not.  I also tried to send the ovstatus -v ovjboss > c:\ovjboss.txt but it only shows what is displayed above, it doesn't give me anything new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
m_vidyasagar
Message 2 of 4 (92 Views)

Re: NNMi 9.2 ovjboss only lists 5 services

This happened to me in a test server , I checked the logs and port usage i.e whether the NNM port and other jboss port is being used by any other external program , but no luck).. All I did is reboot..,

I wouldn't suggest you to do if you app is in production ..

Drop  your post in the NNM forum for the speed and proper response ..

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Management-OpenView-NNM/bd-p/itrc-165#.UuiN-vS6YaQ

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Tracy Avent HPSW Instru
Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)

use

ovstatus -v ovjboss

to get the longer list

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
msharma
Message 4 of 4 (54 Views)

If ovjboss is not showing all the sub services, then some threads have failed to deploy.

Look at the boot.log/jbossServer.log/nnm.log in the NNMi Log directory.

In most cases, there might be extra files, or folders in the NNMi's deploy/lib directories. There is a KM about such a situation:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1192293

If you are using the Oracle Database, this might also be relevant:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM933477

For a more generic problem, you may also try referring this:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1317351

If you are still facing issues, please log a support case, or do an ovstop, note down the time, do an ovstart, note down the time, and attach the boot.log, the nnm.log.

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation