NNMi 9.1p1 auidble alerts? (267 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Message 1 of 3 (267 Views)

NNMi 9.1p1 auidble alerts?

Hey guys,

I did a few searches on the site for audible alerts and haven't seen anything new for a few years.  Is anyone doing this already?  Our NOC's monitors are too congested to have NNMi in front of them so it "sit's at their about 5 o'clock" (behind them). Other than there being a known flaw in our set up... Is there a way I can get a hand with setting up getting tone to chime?  It's a busy system but, I'd delay the action for  2-3 minutes.

Thanks,

Dustin

Occasional Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

Re: NNMi 9.1p1 auidble alerts?

We had a similar request recently; this was solved at the client side, with a custom action defined for several NNMi incidents.

The action calls a script on the server (RHEL) that uses smbclient -M to send a message to a client with a small freeware program that displays pop-ups and plays audio.

A similar functionality can be achieved with SNMP trap forwarding from the management server, and trapreceiver (http://www.trapreceiver.com/) on the client end.

HTH

DJ

jyu
Visitor
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: NNMi 9.1p1 auidble alerts?

Hi DJ,

I am new to the NNMi. Would you please provide me details on how to achive sould alert with NNMi?

Thanks

Tao

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.