Re: NNMi 9.1 Failed to delete node by UUID (418 Views)
Advisor
crwood1
Message 1 of 5 (455 Views)

NNMi 9.1 Failed to delete node by UUID

A few devices were removed from one of my sites. Two devices are no longer existing, and one was turned into the main gateway. So NNMi shows two switches are disconnected, and one router that is working. However, the router and one of the switches from the site were removed, and the router is actually one of the switches that now shoes as disconnected.

I tried to delete all three so I could re-discover the switch that is now acting as a layer three switch and the gateway for the site. However, when I try to delete the devices is gives me "Failed to delete node <node name> by UUID".

Is there a way I can bypass this and get the node removed from NNMi? I've never ran into this before, and I've done the same thing in Node Manager for another site where I did the exact same thing I'm doing now.

Thanks.

HP Expert
DSimon
Message 2 of 5 (422 Views)

Re: NNMi 9.1 Failed to delete node by UUID

Hello crwood,

Are you trying to delete the devices from the gui?  If so, you might try using nnmnodedelete.ovpl and see if that will delete the nodes.  If not, would you please check the nnm-trace.log and let us know what error(s) you are receiving when the node fails to delete?

Thank you

Denise

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Advisor
crwood1
Message 3 of 5 (418 Views)

Hello,

I tried the nnmnodedelete.ovpl and got the follwing error from the CLI.

E:\HP\HP BTO Software\bin>nnmnodedelete.ovpl -node <IP Address>
Attempting to remove node <IP Address>
Unexpected error occured javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: Unable to
delete object: <node name>: Could not execute JDBC batch update

Any idea? Or would you like those trace files?

HP Expert
DSimon
Message 4 of 5 (412 Views)

Browsing through cases with similar messages, I think you may have inconsistencies in your database.  Please log a case as this will need a support engineer to help identify the issue.  When logging the case, please specify which type of database you are using.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Respected Contributor
mostafa_hassan
Message 5 of 5 (388 Views)

Hello , 

Can you try to unmanage them , then try with the Command line again !

All the best .
Saying Thanks by hitting Kudos :)

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
HP AIS NNM-NA-OO
CCNA-CCNP-ITIL-VCA-Cloud-VCA DataCenter
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.