Re: NNMI not showing all nodes in Network Overview (193 Views)
Shrimpeee
Message 1 of 5 (239 Views)

NNMI not showing all nodes in Network Overview

When I select my network overivew I am only seeing half of my nodes. At the bottom of the page it shows 250 of 498 Nodes. Can anyone help me understand or fix why I am not seeing those other 248 nodes?

My goal is to view all the nodes so I can also keep within my liscense limit(500).

Thanks,

Don B.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 5 (230 Views)

Re: NNMI not showing all nodes in Network Overview

Purely for performance reasons, you can set that under the configuration workspace User interface Node group map settings.  the more you add, the longer it takes to render.

For your environment 500 might seem to be alot, but for example I've got instances with well over 20,000 nodes which would look like NNM 7.5x's whirling ball of chaos if I displayed them all.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
dieter boschung
Message 3 of 5 (223 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Shrimpee

As Andy pointed out, this is limited for performance reasons.

Additional info can be found in the online help, search for "Network Overview" which states:

This map is similar to the Initial Discovery Progress map with the following exceptions:

• Network Overview displays a map containing the most highly connected nodes (largest subnets) in the Layer 3 network for up to 250 nodes.
  • The NNMi administrator can change the maximum number of nodes displayed. If you are an NNMi administrator, for more information, see the "NNMi Console" chapter in the HP Network Node Manager i Software Deployment Reference, which is available at: http://h20230.www2.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals
  • The refresh rate is 5 minutes.
  • The NNMi administrator must have configured the NNMi console's Initial View to be Network Overview.

The intent is to create an hierarchical view by creating node groups to split the network. A map with thousands of nodes is not going to be very readable.

Kind regards,

Dieter

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Shrimpeee
Message 4 of 5 (198 Views)

Thanks for everyone's time and replies!

I do have smaller sites that are managed via different maps. This works great but what I need to do is view all the nodes that are consuming a license so I can manage what is important. It looks like I am going to have to use nnmtopodump.ovpl dump into a text file then sort it out from there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Don B.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)

Licensing works VERY different on NNMi than it did in NNM 7.X and earlier versions... if its in your inventory it consumes a license, its that easy. No need to make a map for the obvious.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation