NNM (426 Views)
Frequent Visitor
Rgermanojunior
Message 1 of 10 (426 Views)

NNM

hello, good morning.
I have a problem in the tool NNM (Node Manager Network) cannot add any "filter" part of the "configuration" Node Groups.
Below message:

When using the like or not like operators, use an * (asterisk) to match zero or more characters in a string and a ? (question mark) to match exactly one character in a string. Valid examples for hostname: cisco?.hp.com, cisco*.hp.com, ftc??gs??.*.hp.com

To create an inclusive IP address range, use the between operator. Valid example: hostedIPAddress between 10.10.1.1 AND 10.10.1.255
For more information, click here.

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 10 (398 Views)

Re: NNM

So whats the filter you're trying to construct ?   

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Frequent Visitor
Rgermanojunior
Message 3 of 10 (383 Views)

I'm trying to add a subnet. 

Thank you.

Honored Contributor
dieter boschung
Message 4 of 10 (375 Views)

If you want to add a subnet then you will need to add it as an address range, similar to the help text you have posted:

To create an inclusive IP address range, use the between operator. Valid example: hostedIPAddress between 10.10.1.1 AND 10.10.1.255

So, if you want to add a subnet 192.168.22.* you would need to create the filter using the 'between' operator to define the range for the hostedIPAddress filter attribute.

hostedIPAddress

between

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Frequent Visitor
Rgermanojunior
Message 5 of 10 (367 Views)

The problem does not appear the options to add the network, when I go into "Additional Filter". The message displayed is as follows.

When using the operators like or not like, use an * (asterisk) to match zero or more characters in the string and the? (question mark) to match exactly one character in the string. Valid examples for hostname: cisco '. Hp.com, cisco *. Hp.com, ftc? Gs?. *. Hp.com

To create an inclusive IP address range, use the between operator. Valid example: AND hostedIPAddress between 10.10.1.1 10.10.1.255
For more information, click

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 6 of 10 (364 Views)

So type out out your expression on this thread

Here's an example of a working range addtional filter.

• mgmtIPAddress between 192.168.0.0 AND 192.168.255.255

Using "like" as an operand for an address range is and wildcarding isnt the best approach.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Frequent Visitor
Rgermanojunior
Message 7 of 10 (349 Views)

The option to select the "expression" is not available, it is as if I did not have permission to perform this action, but my user is administrator.

HP Expert
VeronicaGismero
Message 8 of 10 (327 Views)

Hello,

I would like to check with you if you are using a supported browser?

I did the following test to reproduce the problem you are describing:

First, I logged to NNMi using an unsupported version, per example FireFox 25.X

When I go to the "Additional Filters" tab I don´t see any option to add a filter, it is empty. Please see the first image.

Then, I logged to NNMi using a supported version, per example, Internet Explorer 8.X version.

When I go to the "Additional Filters" tab I do see the options to add a filter. Please see the second image.

For a list of the Supported browser, please check the "HP Network Node Manager i Software System and Device Support Matrix" under "Web Browser" section available at http://support.openview.hp.com

Hope this information helps you to solve your problem.

Any doubt, please let us know.

Regards.

Veronica Gismero
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

HP Support
Frequent Visitor
Rgermanojunior
Message 9 of 10 (321 Views)

Ok Veronica, thanks.

But I cannot find the option to check the supported browsers.

HP Expert
VeronicaGismero
Message 10 of 10 (312 Views)

Hello,

The direct link to the "HP Network Node Manager i Software System and Device Support Matrix" 9.2X is available at:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1398344/binary/nnmi_system_support_matrix_9.20.p...

click in the "Web Browser" to get the list of supported versions.

Please also check the NNMi 9.2x Support Matrix Updates at "http://sg-pro-ovweb.austin.hp.com/nnm/NNM9.20/supportmatrixupdate.htm"

you will find there the latest additions.

In order to check if you are running a supported version, select the help about option inside your browser, or inside NNMi UI, please go to the "Help" menu and select the "System Information" option.

In the new window that will be displayed, you will see under the "Locale Information", the "Web Browser" information.

Per example:

unsupported version used:
Web Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0

Supported version used:

Web Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C)

Regards.

Veronica Gismero
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

HP Support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.