NNM notification possible? (2 Views)
Occasional Contributor
D Akomo
Message 1 of 4 (2 Views)

NNM notification possible?

Is it possible to have NNM 6.1 (Win2K) notify a person by way of email or pager if a critical event occurs. That is, NNM out-of-the-box with no 3rd-party util or app. If possible, how? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Berlene Herren
Message 2 of 4 (2 Views)

Re: NNM notification possible?

You can use the Automatic Action function on the event configuration page, at the bottom.

If you click on HELP, it will give you a link to samples of automatic actions, variables.

Berlene

http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Davide Mascolo
Message 3 of 4 (2 Views)

Hi,
using Automatic Action you can notify by e-mail any kind of event.

If you don't want to have a 3rd part software you can try to use your mail client (outlook, eudora) via command line. But I don't know if your mail client allows it.

You can try if you have a internet web based mail or download a free software as postiex (www.infradig.com) or a shareware as mailsend (www.olegsoft.agava.ru) this is the best, for me.

Mailsend is the program I'm using...

At Last, you must verify that your email-client supports command-line input for sending email..

Hope that can help you
Davide
Tech Support Engineer
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Armindo Guilamba
Message 4 of 4 (2 Views)

Hi,

I have tried the freeware postie, I couldn't send e-mail message with exchange server, although it has IMAP4 enabled.
I used mapisend command line, I got mapisend from BackOffice Resource Kit.
Ovactiond.lrf have to be changed because mapisend must be started with a NT domain account, will not work with System Account.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation