Re: NNM license and version Questions for 7.X (389 Views)
Honored Contributor
likid0
Message 1 of 4 (410 Views)

NNM license and version Questions for 7.X

Hi,

Very new to NNM, andI have some doubts about some old NNM products, I only have the descriptions, but I don't know what they actually cover:

T2506BA N NM AE 5000 Nd Pk 7.50 Sol LTU
T2646BA N NM SE Unltd 7.50 HPUX LTU 1
T2649BA N NM SE Unltd 7.50 Lnx LTU

AE is the advanced edition and SE starter edition, but what is the 5000 Nd and the Unltd, the number of nodes you can install?.

is this the actual NNM server, for linux/solaris/hpux?.

because its a LTU, this type of license needs to be renewed annualy or is it a lifetime licenses and then you pay for support only if you need it?.

What is the difference with this Products?:

T4936AAE H P NNM SE Ultd SW E-LTU
T4940AAE H P NNM AE 5000 SW E-LTU
TA988AAE H P OMU/PM HP-UX + NNMi SW E-LTU

OMU/PM ?.

Thanks

Windows?, no thanks
Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 4 (398 Views)

Re: NNM license and version Questions for 7.X

Difference between the two licencing models of anything prior to NNMi v8.0 and post that version is prior to 8 you could discover a node and unmanage it without it counting against your license cap. Now every node counts.

You'll also want to be aware that the licensing model has changed yet again so you have a basic license and then an ultimate license, both you pay per node but with the ultimate you get all SPIs for a single price, no more incrementalisim.

Theres also not an unlimited license anymore, but theres also not a charge for non-production licenses.

SE vs AE is Standard edition verses Advanced edition, the number of nodes is inconsequential comparing functionality.

NNMi AE contains support for or has the function of Global Network Management, IPv6 (Unix), Virtualized Server management, integration with RAMS, MPLS WAN Clouds (RAMS), Trunks/Port aggregation, Router redundancy groups (HSRP, VRRP), Path View visualization extension.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Honored Contributor
likid0
Message 3 of 4 (395 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks Andy.

So with the 7.5 Licenses, like these:

T2506BA N NM AE 5000 Nd Pk 7.50 Sol LTU
T2646BA N NM SE Unltd 7.50 HPUX LTU 1
T2649BA N NM SE Unltd 7.50 Lnx LTU

Are they a one time pay license? or do they have to be renewed?

Altough very old, If you had to use them in production and I don't need support, would they be compliant with a one time license purchase?, or do I have to renew them anually for example.

Thanks!.

Windows?, no thanks
Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)

I think the better answer is that these product SKUs are for editions that are beyond end of life and end of support.  The license agreements that allow the use of certain technologies contained in the product (like the SOLID database) were not renewed so technically there exists no current "right to use" the product as the respective owners of the components are not part of a current ongoing  agreeement with HP whom the license was purchased from.

The license to use (LTU) terms  specifically state

Requirements

• Conducted on contract basis
  • Term option of 1, 2 or 3 years
  • Minimum purchase of 100 licenses (per product) over term of agreement

So its a one time purchase, but it has temporal limits.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.