NNM custome poller incident forwarding to OMW (346 Views)
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 1 of 6 (346 Views)

NNM custome poller incident forwarding to OMW

Hi All,

I have created custome poller in NNM 8.10 and alerts are available on NNM.

Now I want to forward those alerts to OMW 8.10(integration between NNM and OMW working fine)

Please let me know how I can forward those alerts to OMW.

Any suggestion welcome.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
JeroenML
Message 2 of 6 (342 Views)

Re: NNM custome poller incident forwarding to OMW

Hi Dharmnedra_T,

There are several ways to forward these events.

1. Configure an automatic action in the incident and start a 'opcmsg' command to forward the message.
2. Configure the Northbound Interface to forward traps to OMW and filter the events you want to forward. (If you are not using this integration ;-))

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Jeroen
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 3 of 6 (339 Views)

Hi  Jeroen,

Can you explain it little bit or provide any document for the same?

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
JeroenML
Message 4 of 6 (333 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Dharmendra,

Yeah offcourse :-) 

For the use of the NNMi Northbound Interface you'll need NNMi 8.12 (NNMi 8.10 with patch 4 or 5 i believe).

I attached the NNMi Deployment Guide 8.10 Patch 7. On page 349 you will find the way to configure this.

For the 'opcmsg' way you will need to configure 3 things.

1. Configure an NNMi Incident to start an automatic action when the specific event is triggered. Most of the times you will configure an action when the new incident is 'Registered' and one when the incident is 'Closed'. The action will be like:

opcmsg a=NNMi o=Incident msg_text="The text you want to send." severity=normal node=$sn

2. You will need to create a 'Open Message Interface' policy in Operations Manager and deploy it to the NNMi server. This policy must be configured to accept the messages you send from the NNMi Action.

3. You will need to have a External node in Operations Manager for every node in NNMi or one External node which will receive all messages send from the integration. (This is also needed with the Northbound Interface).

When you do not want to create External nodes for every NNMi node, you will end up with 1 node with all NNMi related messages. If you want, we sell a 'SPI for NNMi' which enables you to create Service Views and Business Service Views specific for NNMi nodes in Operations Manager. This SPI then relates the messages on 1 node to the specific created Service View for the node. If you like to receive more information about this SPI please let me know!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance!

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 5 of 6 (324 Views)

Hi Jeron,

I have configured following action on NNM,can you look at it and confirm it is correct?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Dharmendra

Regards,
hp4u
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
JeroenML
Message 6 of 6 (318 Views)

Hi Dharmendra,

Yeah that looks fine and should work!

Don't forget to install the HP OM Agent or HP AgentOne on the NNMi server (if you didn't allready) and deploy a Open Message Interface policy to the NNMi server.

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation