Re: NNM-OM integration scheduling (289 Views)
Frequent Advisor
vu1988
Message 1 of 6 (343 Views)

NNM-OM integration scheduling

Hi Experts,

We have NNMi 9.20 in windows 2008 server and OMW 9 in windows 2008 server .

We have agent based integration between NNM to OMW and oMW is integrated to SM 9.20 .We need to schedule the integration between 9AM to 6 PM .

We need to monitor all nnm nodes by  24/7 and we need NNMi tickets only between 9AM to 6 PM. Currently we are doing it manually by unchecking enable-integration option in NNMi console .

Can we do it automatically ?PLZ suggest

thanks.

Trusted Contributor
msharma
Message 2 of 6 (322 Views)

Re: NNM-OM integration scheduling

[ Edited ]

Hello,

As far as I know, no currently supported version of NNMi can do this from within its array of options offered.

However, extra-NNMi ideas (and I am just thinking out loud) like a cron-job/scheduler that enables/disables the agent/agent-services could be explored.

This can go in as an enhancement request, for which, please log a support case with "product enhancement request" in the case category.

My two cents.

Mohit Sharma,
HP Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 3 of 6 (316 Views)

Why not just configure a scheduled outage on OMW? That way NNMi will still display current network status, but OMW won't create any tickets in Service Manager.

This is standard OMW functionality.
CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Frequent Advisor
vu1988
Message 4 of 6 (305 Views)

Hi ,

Thanks for the response . In OMW we need to monitor NNM server as managed Node by 24/7 . We just need to avoid the incidents by Network devices managed by NNM server . And we dont need to acknowledge or delete incidents of NNM managed devices. It should not be altered .

Is it possible to put NNM extrenal node in OMW for outage between 6PM to 9AM, and kepping incidents in NNM console as its original state  ?

When i select for outage for any node it will give option like "delete/Acknowledge " for alerts .

If i select any option, status of NNM incidents in NNM console  will be changed ?

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
hp4u
Message 5 of 6 (289 Views)

Hi,

I think there are two option which i can suggest

1)Create schedular policy to enable/disable nnm node between 9 to 6.

2)create schedular policy to disable nnm-om integration policy so that those alerts will not be matched on omw console and can be filtered.

Regards,
hp4u
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 6 of 6 (282 Views)

Hello

If OMW and SM is integrated with SCAuto, I suggest you block incident generation between 6 PM to 9 AM in SCAuto Scripts.

Since I do not work in OMW, if you can get directory listing of SCAuto folder in OMW, I can suggest you few ideas.

Thanks

Ramesh

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.