Re: NNM Custom poller question (167 Views)
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 1 of 4 (219 Views)

NNM Custom poller question

NNM 9.11.005 in HP Unix

If we create a custom poller in NNM 9.11.005, I am seeing the custom poller only polls only one instance of the device instead of polling all instances of the device.

In NNM 9.20 or above, I am seeing custom poller polls multiple instances of a device.

Is it possible to incorporate the same functionality in 9.11 series by installing latest patch or fixes.

Please advise.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
iquesada
Message 2 of 4 (192 Views)

Re: NNM Custom poller question

Hello,

I assume you already checked the Step-by-Step Guide for Custom Poller, in case you need it please refer to page 6  - "Setting Up a Custom Poll"
http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1233665 

See Figure 8: Custom Poller Collection: New MIB Expression
Is this what you are referring to when you say Multiple Instance?

Regards,
Roberto

HP Support
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 3 of 4 (182 Views)

Hello Roberto

Yes, this is what I am referring to multiple instance. 

Please find the attached custom-poller I had defined where I had specified the MIB filter. 

When I run following command to query the MIB filter object, I am getting 2 output, but when custom poller is running it is not querying both, but queries only one, in this case it queries only 123.22.23.25

nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -c xxxxx 123.22.23.1 bgpPeerRemoteAddr
bgpPeerTable.bgpPeerEntry.bgpPeerRemoteAddr.123.22.23.25 : IpAddress: 123.22.23.25
bgpPeerTable.bgpPeerEntry.bgpPeerRemoteAddr.123.22.23.26 : IpAddress: 123.22.23.26

That is the reason I was asking whether NNM 9.11.005 supports querying multiple objects of MIB Filter variable defined.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
ramesh9
Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)

Hello

This was solved by specifying MIB Filter in Custom Pollery policy as,

123.22.*

and it queries the IP addresses which starts with 123.22 and reports on them.

Suppose if I want to query the IP address which starts with subnet

1.*.*.*

and ends with

255.*.*.*

how can I specify MIB Filter value in Custom Poller policy.

Please help.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation