Monitoring the Error Rates - Input and output (199 Views)
Regular Advisor
OVO documents
Message 1 of 2 (199 Views)

Monitoring the Error Rates - Input and output

Hi All,

I have created 2 custom poller configurations for Inout and output error rate respectively. Both the collectiosns have different Custom policies created and for threshold >= 1 state mapping is warning , which i suppose means that if the custom collections go beyond the thershold specified it will generate a warning incident based on the CustomPollWarning incident configuration.

My question is that both the collections are for a single node group and i have to enrich both the collections to send the notification, So enriching the customPollWarning management event with that NODE GROUP is enough or should i take something else into consideration?

HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)

Re: Monitoring the Error Rates - Input and output

Hi there,

What you have documented here sounds like it will work for you.  The one thing you may need to do, because there is only the one CustomPollWarning incident for _all_ custom polled policies, is to check the cia that documents the custom poll collection and then enrich based on this check.  If you are able to make the enrichment generic for all your collections then this step won't be needed.

All the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.