Management addresses automatically changed when using list-based discovery (270 Views)
Occasional Contributor
net-harry
Message 1 of 2 (270 Views)
Accepted Solution

Management addresses automatically changed when using list-based discovery

Hi,

I have just started setting up a nnmi version 9.10 patch machine after running 7.53 for many years.

I am using list-based discovery and have loaded a seed file and then an attribute file to set some custom attributes.

For some devices the management address as defined in the seed file is changed automatically after the nodes have been discovered. For example layer 3 Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches that have a dedicated management interface (which I specified in the seed file) change to user their loopback addresses. Seed IP address is selected as the first choice in the management address selection. Is there any other way I can prevent the management address from changing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Harry

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 2 (265 Views)

Re: Management addresses automatically changed when using list-based discovery

Same answer as in other forum. Ensure that Enable SNMP Address Rediscovery is unselected and all three combo boxes have Seed IP.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.